BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

If n is a 27-digit positive integer, all of whose digits

Expert replies
by M7MBA » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:00 am
If n is a 27-digit positive integer, all of whose digits are the same, which of the following must be true?

I. n is divisible by 3
II. n is divisible by 9
III. n is divisible by 27

A. I only
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. II and III only
E. I, II and III

The OA is the option E.

Experts, may you give me some help here? I'd be thankful.
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by GMATGuruNY » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:35 am
M7MBA wrote:If n is a 27-digit positive integer, all of whose digits are the same, which of the following must be true?

I. n is divisible by 3
II. n is divisible by 9
III. n is divisible by 27

A. I only
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. II and III only
E. I, II and III
An integer is a multiple of 9 if its digit sum is a multiple of 9.

Test the smallest possible case:
Let n = 111, 111,111...111,111,111, where all 27 digits are 1.

Since there are 27 digits of 1, the sum of the digits = 27*1 = 27.
Since the digit sum is a multiple of 9, n is divisible by 9.
Since n is divisible by 9, it must also be divisible by 3.

Since 111/3 = 037, dividing n by 3 will yield the following:
37, 037, 037...037, 037, 037.
Here, there will be 9 sets of 037, with the result that the integer in blue will have the following digit sum:
9*37.
Since the digit sum is a multiple of 9, the integer in blue is divisible by 9.
Thus:
n can be divided by 3 and then by 9, implying that n is divisible by 27.

Since the smallest option for n is divisible by 3, 9 and 27, any larger option for n will also be divisible by 3, 9 and 27.

The correct answer is E.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3
Join the discussion

M7MBA wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:00 am
If n is a 27-digit positive integer, all of whose digits are the same, which of the following must be true?

I. n is divisible by 3
II. n is divisible by 9
III. n is divisible by 27

A. I only
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. II and III only
E. I, II and III

The OA is the option E.

Experts, may you give me some help here? I'd be thankful.
We can let n = 111,111,111,111,111,111,111,111,111. If n is divisible by 3, 9, and 27, then kn (where k = 2, 3, …, 9) will be also divisible by 3, 9, and 27, respectively (notice that kn is any one of the other 27-digit numbers whose digits are the same).

We see that the sum of the digits of n is 27. Since 27 is a multiple of both 3 and 9, we see that n is divisible by both 3 and 9 (recall that the rules for divisibility of 3 and 9 is that the sum of the digits of the number has to be a multiple of 3 and 9, respectively).

However, in order for n to be divisible by 27, the quotient of n/3 has to be divisible by 9, or the quotient of n/9 has to be divisible by 3. Let’s verify the former.

Since 111/3 = 37, so n/3 = 37,037,037,037,037,037,037,037,037. We see that there are 9 groups of 37 (or 037), so the sum of the digits of n/3 is (3 + 7) x 9 = 90. Since 90 is a multiple of 9, n/3 is divisible by 27. In other words, n is divisible by 27.

Answer: E

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

Image

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage
Join the discussion