BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

What is the value of x in the figure above?

Expert replies
by AAPL » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:13 am
Image

In the figure above O is the center of the circle and$$\angle A$$is a right angle. If AE=AB, and$$∠EAB=90º$$, and BC=CD=DE. What is the value of x?

A. 150
B. 152
C. 160
D. 164
E. 172

The OA is A.

Experts, can you assist me with this PS question please. I have no idea about how can I solve it.

I think that I can starting assuming that EB is equal to the diameter of the circle but I don't know how can I prove it.
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by EconomistGMATTutor » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:41 pm
Hello AAPL.

Let's take a look at your question.

For the Inscribed angle theorem, we have that m(EOB)=2*m(EAB)=2*90º=180º.

Now, the triangle EAB is equilateral and it has a right angle, so the m(AEB)=m(EBA)=45º. If we consider the line AO, then m(EOA)=m(BOA)=90º.

So, xº=90+yº, where yº=m(COB).

Using again the Inscribed angle theorem we have that 180º=m(EOB)=2*m(EDB), it implies that m(EDB)=90º.

Now, the triangles DCB and DCE are isosceles, and m(DEC)=m(DCE)=m(CDB)=m(DBC)=Rº.

If we look the triangle DCE we can get that Rº+Rº+Rº+m(BDE)=180º, it implies that Rº=30º.

So, m(CDE)=120º.

Finally, using the Inscribed angle theorem, we have that the complementary angle in COE satisfy that 90º+90º+yº=2*m(CDE)=2*120=240º. That is to say, yº=60º.

So we get xº= 90º + yº = 90º+60º=150º.

The correct answer is A.

I hope this explanation may help you.

You have to take care when you read it.

I'm available if you'd like a follow-up.

Regards.
GMAT Prep From The Economist
We offer 70+ point score improvement money back guarantee.
Our average student improves 98 points.

Image
Join the discussion

by GMATWisdom » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:54 pm
AAPL wrote:Image

In the figure above O is the center of the circle and$$\angle A$$is a right angle. If AE=AB, and$$∠EAB=90º$$, and BC=CD=DE. What is the value of x?

A. 150
B. 152
C. 160
D. 164
E. 172

The OA is A.

Experts, can you assist me with this PS question please. I have no idea about how can I solve it.

I think that I can starting assuming that EB is equal to the diameter of the circle but I don't know how can I prove it.
Image

The angle formed by joining the end points of a diameter to any point on the circle is 90 degrees.

Since, Angle EAB = 90 degrees, so EB is the diameter.

Hence OE = OB = OA = radius of the circle.

EB = AB (given).

Hence triangles EOA and BOA are congruent because all 3 corresponding sides of both the triangles are equal.
hence angle EOA = angle AOB
Since angle EOA + angle AOB = Angle EOB = 180 degree so Angle 2AOB = 180 degrees.
So angle AOB = 90 degrees

Similarly, OE = OD = OC = OB = radius of the circle. ED = DC = CB (given). So triangles EOD, DOC and COB are also congruent as they have corresponding sides equal.
Therfore angle BOC = angle COD = angle DOE
angle BOC + angle COD + angle DOE = 180 degrees
Therefore 3BOC = 180
or angle BOC = 60 degrees
x = Angle AOB + AngleBOC = 90 + 60 = 150 degrees.

Hence A
Join the discussion