Almasha wrote:IF 4 men OR 7 boys can do a work in 29 days how much time will 12 men AND 8 boys take?
???
Plug in numbers so that the rate for 4 men = the rate for 7 boys.
Let the rate for each man = 7 units per day.
Rate for 4 men = 4*7 = 28 units per day.
Let the rate for each boy = 4 units per day.
Rate for 7 boys = 7*4 = 28 units per day.
Work completed by each group in 29 days = r*t = 28*29 units.
Combined rate for 12 men and 8 boys = (12*7) + (8*4) = 116 units per day.
Time to complete the job = w/r = (28*29)/116 = 7 days.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.
As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.
For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at
[email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3