If (3 ^4 )(5 ^ 6 )(7 ^ 3 ) = (35 ^ n )( x ), where x and n are both positive integers, how many different possible values of n are there?
A. 1
B. 2
C. 3
D. 4
E. 6
OA is C
A. 1
B. 2
C. 3
D. 4
E. 6
OA is C
BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course
RedeemTarget Test Prep · GMAT
Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer
Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

with Logan Thompson
Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.
Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.
(3 ^4 )(5 ^ 6 )(7 ^ 3 ) = (35 ^ n )( x )adi_800 wrote:If (3 ^4 )(5 ^ 6 )(7 ^ 3 ) = (35 ^ n )( x ), where x and n are both positive integers, how many different possible values of n are there?
A. 1
B. 2
C. 3
D. 4
E. 6
OA is C
No Adi, n cannot be 6 because, if n is 6, then 7 will have a power of 6 which will fail our criteria.adi_800 wrote:But cant n be 6? or u have to select the least value of n?
Hi Roopali, it is simple.. Let me give another try..[email protected] wrote:i cant understand the explanation...can someone please elaborate
Yeah thats right.. I Misread the question.. Thanks for posting back!!gmatmachoman wrote:Question asks us to find "How many possible values does n can take".. It doesn't ask thye maximum value of n!!
kvcpk wrote:Yeah thats right.. I Misread the question.. Thanks for posting back!!gmatmachoman wrote:Question asks us to find "How many possible values does n can take".. It doesn't ask thye maximum value of n!!
But, N can be 1 or 2 or 3.
How can n be 6?
Am I missing soemthing??
Anand, if n =1 plz show me the expression....IMO n cant be 1selango wrote:gmatmachoman,
I also solved it using same approach as praveen.
3^4.5^6.7^3=5^n.7^n.x
n can be 1,2 and 3.Remaining factor ll be expressed by X.
But ur assuming x as 3^4 and solving for n.
I think both ways are correct.
When n=1gmatmachoman wrote:I am not getting how n can be 1??
If n=1gmatmachoman wrote:Anand, if n =1 plz show me the expression....IMO n cant be 1selango wrote:gmatmachoman,
I also solved it using same approach as praveen.
3^4.5^6.7^3=5^n.7^n.x
n can be 1,2 and 3.Remaining factor ll be expressed by X.
But ur assuming x as 3^4 and solving for n.
I think both ways are correct.
New here Create free account