BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Time and Work

Problem Solving — algebra and arithmetic (GMAT Focus Edition)
Expert replies
Source: — Quantitative Reasoning |

by harshavardhanc » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:29 pm
eaakbari wrote:I always seem to mess time and work problems up. Any insight?
E,

I always like to use percentages in these sums/problems. I feel uncomfortable in working with fractions and hence, use percetances instead.

For e.g. if a problem says A can complete work in 10 days. B has twice A's efficiency. In how many days would the work be completed if they work together.

Instead of working with 1/10 and 1/5 , I see work done/day by A as 10% and work done/day by B as 20% and add these two, which gives me 30% of the work done in one day. Therefore, 100% can be completed in 10/3 days :)

a little practice would make it easier to tackle these problems.
Regards,
Harsha
Join the discussion

by eaakbari » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:40 am
harshavardhanc wrote:
eaakbari wrote:I always seem to mess time and work problems up. Any insight?
E,

I always like to use percentages in these sums/problems. I feel uncomfortable in working with fractions and hence, use percetances instead.

For e.g. if a problem says A can complete work in 10 days. B has twice A's efficiency. In how many days would the work be completed if they work together.

Instead of working with 1/10 and 1/5 , I see work done/day by A as 10% and work done/day by B as 20% and add these two, which gives me 30% of the work done in one day. Therefore, 100% can be completed in 10/3 days :)

a little practice would make it easier to tackle these problems.
Hmmm, yes you definitely make it sound simpler, but that would only be for numbers like 5 and 10 right. Or do you use it for a number like 17 too.

Thanks a bunch
Whether you think you can or can't, you're right.
- Henry Ford
Join the discussion

by harshavardhanc » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:45 am
eaakbari wrote:
harshavardhanc wrote:
eaakbari wrote:I always seem to mess time and work problems up. Any insight?
E,

I always like to use percentages in these sums/problems. I feel uncomfortable in working with fractions and hence, use percetances instead.

For e.g. if a problem says A can complete work in 10 days. B has twice A's efficiency. In how many days would the work be completed if they work together.

Instead of working with 1/10 and 1/5 , I see work done/day by A as 10% and work done/day by B as 20% and add these two, which gives me 30% of the work done in one day. Therefore, 100% can be completed in 10/3 days :)

a little practice would make it easier to tackle these problems.
Hmmm, yes you definitely make it sound simpler, but that would only be for numbers like 5 and 10 right. Or do you use it for a number like 17 too.

Thanks a bunch
ha ha! you apple-picked the best number in this universe!! ;)

don't worry ! numbers like 17 and 19 won't appear in the questions of time and work till the 750 level :)

However, you may have to learn the reciprocals of numbers till 12. that is 8.33%.
Regards,
Harsha
Join the discussion

by eaakbari » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:50 am
Haha , yes actually I did :wink:
Your post in Pipe leak (https://www.beatthegmat.com/pipe-leak-t55955.html) made me realize you do use percentages quite elegantly. I shall give the method a try.
Thanks, your a rockstar

E
Whether you think you can or can't, you're right.
- Henry Ford
Join the discussion