BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

my profile.

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by semidevil » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:28 pm
I know this section is usually for people who want to get into the top schools. I might not fit the category, but would like to get some suggestions too.

My profile
-Male, asian-american, 26 years old
-3 years of professional work experience(1 year as an insurance adjuster, received promotions at least twice per year, had numerous chances to 'acting supervisor for my boss, and now officially promoted as a supervisor leading a group of 8).
-GPA: 2.6 Bachelors of Arts in mathematics. last 60 hours is probably also around the same. :-(

Misc information(unsure if this can be worked into my essay to offset the gpa).
-worked through college in one job for 4 years
-graduated high school in 3 years(the standard is 4 years).

------------------------------------------------------

So my biggest concern is my GPA. Obviously, it looks terrible. Reading through this forum, my goal is to score an awesome GMAT(700+).

Assuming that I do achieve this 700+ GMAT, is it possible to even get into a decent MBA program(by decent, I mean a local state university and above)?

i'm looking through a lot of college sites and a lot of them state they look at the application in it's entirety, but then a lot of them state that they want 'strong' academic background.

--------------------------------------------

From a GPA perspective, I definitely do not qualify, but from a work perspective, I feel I fully qualify based on my success with my company. And if all goes smooth, my GMAT will prove me too.

I'm going to set the bar very high for myself so I can do the best I can(including the possibility going to a top school) , but I also want to be realistic.

Can any one give me some feed back or suggestions?


*I know there is always to option to take courses for an alternate transcript, but I do not think I have time to get a complete transcript just because I want to start in Fall 2009.
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Lisa Anderson » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:25 pm
Dear semidevil,

Your academic aptitude is measured by both your GPA and GMAT score. So, if you can score in the 700s on your GMAT, then you will mitigate your GPA. Likewise, working through school and being a little younger than your classmate will mitigate your performance in college. You should not necessarily rule out schools until you know where you you stand on your GMAT, but if you score above a 650, then I think you will have plenty of options in the top 25-50 range of programs.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me
Join the discussion