BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

OG 11 Question 216

Expert replies
by mdavis » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:33 am
Hello, I am confused by the explaination given for this question. Here it is:

If m>0 and x is m percent of y, then, in terms of m, y is what percent of x?

The answer given is 10000/m

I understand in the explanation that the equation would be set up initially as x=m/100(y). Then you convert it to y, so that would be 100/m(x)=y.

But then the explanation says that to convert the fraction 100/m to an equivalent percent, multiply by 100. This is the part I do not understand and was hoping for a broader explanation as to why I would do this? Thanks!
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by California4jx » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:04 pm
becasue the question is asking what % of x - that is why you need to multiply by 100 in the end to get the percent - initial computation is just bringing m and x on one side of equation ... but do not calculate the percent -
Join the discussion

by mdavis » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:30 pm
Hm, I am not sure I follow. I thought it would already be in percent format because it was m/100 at the beginning equation? So I am undoing that when I move it to solve for y?

I'm just not seeing this at all...
Join the discussion

by California4jx » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:42 pm
x = m% (y)

Question asking y = (%) of x

Just solve it ... m% is another way of saying m /100

x (100) / m = y -----> this has given a value not a percentage yet until you multiply it with 100

100 (x)/m % = y

where % is 100
so u get
10000/m of x = y
Join the discussion