Using the average wage of $200 a day

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

Using the average wage of $200 a day

by aditya8062 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:39 am
Using the average wage of $200 a day to value workers' time, and assuming that people who could ask more questions online would, the analyst estimated the search engine's worth might be approximately $300 annually to the average worker.

A) Using the average wage of $200 a day to value workers' time, and assuming that people who could ask more questions online would, the analyst estimated the search engine's worth might be $300 annually to the average worker.

B) Using the average wage of $200 a day as a value of workers' time and the assumption that people who could ask more questions online would, the analyst estimated the search engine's worth might be $300 annually to the average worker.

C) Assuming the average wage of $200 a day as a value of workers' time and that people who could ask more questions online would, the analyst estimated that the search engine might be worth $300 annually to the average worker.

D) Assuming the average wage of $200 a day as a value of workers' time and the fact that people who could ask more questions online would, the analyst estimated that the search engine might be worth $300 annually to the average worker.

E) Using the average wage of $200 a day as a value of workers' time, and assuming that people who could ask more questions online would, the analyst estimated that the search engine might be worth $300 annually to the average worker.

my doubt: what is preventing me to view the parallelism in the initial modifier of option C as follows: Assuming the average wage of $200 a day as a value of workers' time and [ASSUMING] that people who could ask more questions online would, the analyst estimated ....

is it because the word after "AND" is "that" and we do not have anything on the left of "and" that starts with "that"?

thanks and regards

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1906 members
GMAT Score:790

by GMATGuruNY » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:24 am
aditya8062 wrote: my doubt: what is preventing me to view the parallelism in the initial modifier of option C as follows: Assuming the average wage of $200 a day as a value of workers' time and [ASSUMING] that people who could ask more questions online would, the analyst estimated ....

is it because the word after "AND" is "that" and we do not have anything on the left of "and" that starts with "that"?

thanks and regards
C: Assuming the average wage and that people would [ask more questions]
and must serve to connect PARALLEL FORMS.
Here, the average wage (noun) and that people would ask more questions (that-clause) are not parallel forms.
Eliminate C.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3