Two days left to the test!

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Two days left to the test!

by nathanalgren » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:16 am
Hello,

My test is on the 27th of this month, i.e. in a week. I haven't really had any time to study for the test, because I have been working too much and I am almost never home and free. I just have time to do practice tests and that is all.

Without any preparation, I took CAT1 (12 Dec) and I scored a 710 (Q50, V36), then I reviewed the problems and made a list of the topics that I had most wrong answers. I made a little review on that at work (Don't let my manager hear lol) and then After working 13 hours, I took CAT2 (16 Dec) at 11.30pm and I scored a 660 (Q49, V32), but when I reviewed the questions as always, I noticed that it was mostly because of concentration problems. I still went ahead and made a list of the topics that I need to study.

Then finally the weekend came and yesterday (18 Dec), I took the CAT3 in the morning after a decent breakfast and I scored a 750 (Q51,V41). And again reviewed the questions and topics, and today (19 Dec) I wanted to try a different practice test, so that I don't get used to the question types of Manhattan, and I made a little research to see in which test most people score lower than real Gmat. Kaplan was the answer.

Then today I took Kaplan's free test and I scored a 700 (Q47, 40). Funnily Kaplan way easier than Manhattan. I finished the whole Quant in 32 minutes and I had only one wrong answer. Yet I scored 47 in Quant. Verbal part of Kaplan is also easier than MGMAT.

So a week left to the exam and I am working weekdays from 9 to 6, sometimes 9am to 9pm. I only have a few hours at night and the next weekend. I am planning to take GMATPrep tests next weekend on Sat and on Sun.

I still have 3 more MGMATs that I can take and 2 GMATPreps. I don't know if I will have time to finish them all. What would you suggest me to do? And could you tell me the hardest test I can take (not lowest score, hardest questions)?

PS: I studied Math in English and I scored 103 in TOEFL. My Math and grammar knowledge are good, I think I just need to get used to the question types of GMAT to score 700+, but I might be completely wrong.

PS2: Don't tell memy grammar sucks, based on this post, because I am writing this at 1 am and I am not paying so much attention lol :)
Thank you very much.
Last edited by nathanalgren on Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Followed by:3 members

by Psychodementia » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:38 am
I think you are wasting the 2 GMATPreps by waiting too long. Take it as soon as possible. And take it a couple of times (if you can get your hands on an "older" version of the software you will get fresh set of questions). That will be the real litmus test.

Arun

by nathanalgren » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:54 pm
Thanks Arun, I might listen to you and take it tomorrow night.

Tonight, I took another MGMAT after working 10 hours. I started the test at 10pm and scored a 720 with 51 Quant and 37 Verbal. Considering I take most of the tests at night when I am tired, I am hoping that if I score 700+ in those, I can score 700+ in the real test as well, because I will take the test at 9am. In the only test that I took in the morning, I scored a 750.

I don't know if that is wishful thinking or not though :)

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:48 pm
I have to agree with Arun, take the GMATPrep Tests as soon as possible. You can take each of the two tests at least 2 times. Leave the other tests aside unless you need more than 4 more practice tests!

The toughest official GMAT problems you can get - in terms of quant - would probably be the GMAT Focus tests available from MBA.com. These tests involve 24 official questions and the test gives a predictive scoring range for the quant section.

Good Luck!
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

by nathanalgren » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:38 pm
David@VeritasPrep wrote:I have to agree with Arun, take the GMATPrep Tests as soon as possible. You can take each of the two tests at least 2 times. Leave the other tests aside unless you need more than 4 more practice tests!

The toughest official GMAT problems you can get - in terms of quant - would probably be the GMAT Focus tests available from MBA.com. These tests involve 24 official questions and the test gives a predictive scoring range for the quant section.

Good Luck!
Thank-you very much for your advice David. I am going to take that focus test ASAP. And GMATPreps too.

by nathanalgren » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:05 am
Okay here are the latest practice test results:

- GMATPrep1: Taken at 11pm after work, Scored 700.. didn't take the essays.. Q50 V33
- GMATPre2: Taken in the morning today, after having breakfast, took it under full exam conditions (i.e. i took the AWAs as well.) and I scored 730.. Q50, V38..

My test is on Monday. Wish me luck and let me know if you have any advices! :)

Followed by:3 members

by Psychodementia » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:08 am

GMAT Score:750