Transcript for UK degree applicant - Certificate / Modules?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
I've been having a look at the transcript requirements and have a few questions which anyone who graduated from a UK university might be able to help with:

1) What does a "transcript" entail? Is it sufficient to provide the degree certificate which states course and grade, or do I need to contact the university and gain a copy of all grades for all modules throughout the three years?
2) Do I need to get this "converted" / "translated" into GPA (and based on Q1 what would I need to provide)?

As far as I can see from the WISH schools only Harvard may require a "translation" of my university transcript, but it is still a bit ambiguous as to what they actually need. If anyone can shed light on Harvard's requirements, and confirm the position on the other three below it would be appreciated:

Harvard: "However, if admitted to Harvard Business School, you will be required to provide an official original language paper transcript sent directly from each college or university attended to World Education Services (WES), a third-party verification agency, along with an official word-for-word English translation of that transcript."

This is from a section on transcripts for international applicants, but it refers specifically to "translation" to "English". My degree certificate is already in English (as my module results would also be) so would I need to get it translated? It doesn't seem to state anywhere that it needs to be "converted" to US GPA system.

Stanford: "If you attended a school that does not report annual and cumulative GPA, you should compute it yourself. Only classes that have counted (or will be counted) toward your degree are to be included in that calculation."" Submit transcript(s) from each university you have attended for one full academic year (two academic semesters, three quarters or trimesters) or more, regardless of the number of credits received."" Transcripts should include degree conferred and conferral date, if applicable."

Estimate a GPA and then send my original UK university degree certificate.

Wharton: "Students reporting grades from institutions that do not evaluate academic performance on a 4.0 GPA scale should NOT convert their scores to a GPA. Report your scores or grades as your university lists them in your official transcripts, including an explanation of the grading scheme if needed."

Submit UK university degree certificate.

INSEAD: "Your transcripts should indicate both diploma and grades achieved from each college or university that you have attended."

Submit UK university degree certificate.