Tough question:

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members

Tough question:

by \'manpreet singh » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:56 pm
Beginning in January of last year, Carl made deposits of $120 into his account on the 15th of each month for several consecutive months and then made withdrawals of $50 from the account on the 15th of each of the remaining months of last year. There were no other transactions in the account last year. If the closing balance of Carl's account for May of last year was $2,600, what was the range of the monthly closing balances of Carl's account last year?
(1) Last year the closing balance of Carl's account
for April was less than $2,625.
(2) Last year the closing balance of Carl's account
for June was less than $2,675.

For me,i got confused reading the question and could not grasp it, i guess question which are lengthy,i tend to lose my concentration.I flunked in this question and answered wrong as E.Please tell me strategy while doing lengthier question which have lot of statement involved in them,i am really struggling at those.

SINGH

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:10 am
When you read these questions try to take small bites out of them. Make sure you understand the small clauses before moving onto the next one. This particular question really just requires you to figure out the month he went from saving to spending and both together give you the specific month.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review