totally frustrated.

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

totally frustrated.

by rebelsid » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:36 am
I am now frustrated.......

I gave GMAT 5 months back and i got 580....

I gave it again today and i got 500 :shock:

I used to get around 660-700 in my mocks.... I dnt get this ... totally frustrated....

In verbal, sentence corrections are way tooo huge....it was more like a small CR

this is ridiculous.... I think i am going to give up now....

in math i got 4 probability question..i thot i was doing good..i even got a bold face CR... i thot again i am doing good....but the score totally stumped me....

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:760

by GMATBootcamp » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:46 am
Did you keep an error log while you were studying?

Which practice tests did you use and what were the score breakdowns?
Paul

Focused GMAT Preparation
www.thegmatbootcamp.com

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:720

by uymba » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:26 am
Rebel,

Don't give up! Yes you can beat the gmat!!
Don't think about it for 3 o 4 weeks. And then start again fresh. If you were scoring 660-700 you will do fine. Perhaps you can invest some $$ and go for a prep service.

Good luck!!
=============
Go for 700+!!
https://mbajourney12.blocked/

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

score breakdown?

by bullshark » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:31 am
what was your score breakdown? Quant vs Verbal?

by rebelsid » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:49 pm
yes i do keep a error log.... and i have maintained a book in which i write all the problems i went wrong on...Then i write what mistake i did while thinking on that problem..and how that prob is actually done.

Well for my first GMAT i got Q44 V28

In the second one i got Q35 V 23.... this was pathetic..i have never gone below 44.... moreover i saw 4 probability question and i am sure not all were experimental...

I just cant pin point where i am going wrong.... the first time i gave GPREP before even starting my preperation i got a 590..... so i was confident to break atleast the 680 barrier....

Totally frustrated man....its breaking my confidence which is worse than scoring low....because since high school confidence was my main driving force even if i was less prepared.

Yes i have decided to join some prep course bcos i think i am lost...but the whole thing is i dont have so much time....i wanted to apply for 2010.... and now that i have studied so much it has literally challenged my ego. i am ridiculed in friend ( all bloody engineers like me) circle for studying for almost 7 months and doing so dismal. I guess people like me really need some professional help.

GMAT Score:740

by sboddup2 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:25 am
Hey Rebelsid,

Sorry to hear that things haven't quite gone your way yet. Did you do the AWA sections on the practice exams? It's important to do those as it builds stamina and mentally prepares u for a 4 hour test instead of 3 and that can make a world of difference and probably account for the gap between your practice test and real test scores.