Time consideration in OG-11

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Time consideration in OG-11

by teleboy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:58 am
Hi..I have just started with my GMAT prep and plan to appear for Feb'09.
For Quant prep, I chose to start with OG-11 directly, (brushing my basics from same book). As I started, I am able to complete most of the questions, but how to divide time among questions (I usually do 30 ques in one stretch).
Should be aiming at getting ques right..or more importantly doing each question in less than 2 mins (i.e. allocating: 50 mins for 30 ques)

As OG-11 will be primary source that I plan to use for my quant prep, I want to make maximum out of it.
But also want to adapt myself for speed need all along.

Please advice on time strategy specifically for OG (how much shopuld I give it considering I have less than 3 months time)..

thanks in advance

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by austin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:02 pm
The last 10-20 problems in OG (PS and DS) are the kind of questions you will get in your exam.. In that sense, the overall level of questions in OG is low...you need to work on more difficult questions.. you can have a look at the math section in this forum.. lots of challenging questions posted and discussed all the time...

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by teleboy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:41 pm
thanks for the reply austin
as u said...for OG-11 essentialy only last few ques measure up to a decent difficulty level. so I feel, setting time frame to solve prior questions is also imp apart from getting them right.
So what do you suggest can help in understanding the solutions for a problem the GMAT way rather than conventional(longer way). Any additional material apart from OG?

I regularly go thru forums to seek tough questions, but this approach alone is not giving a good form/body to quant prepration. I am feeling a need for a more organised approach which I am not able to come up with