The plastic notebook given during the test for scratch......

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
So i read that you do not get a paper and pencil at the test, instead you get this high-tech fancy ineffective 6 page recyclable plastic booklet with a permanent marker…. :shock:

I want to practice solving problems using this "apparatus" before my test in a week. Can anyone who has taken the test describe what this booklet is? Where I can buy the pen and booklet? Is this like a dry erase board? How big is it?

I have a tendency to go through tons of rough paper during problem solving (inefficient use of space, big handwriting...etc). As such, I do not want to be surprised on test day....

Thanks in advance
Skimo

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by rajs.kumar » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:51 am
The plastic booklet looks like a normal scratch pad, smaller than a A4. I am not sure where you can get it, but I reckon it may not be a big issue.

You will be given one booklet at the begining and you can ask for new ones as and when you require.

In fact if you wish to have a fresh one for the quant section even tough you havent used up all the pages for AWA you can take one. So you need not bother about using it prior to the exams as far as I can see.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by kidderek » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:04 pm
rajs.kumar wrote:The plastic booklet looks like a normal scratch pad, smaller than a A4. I am not sure where you can get it, but I reckon it may not be a big issue.

You will be given one booklet at the begining and you can ask for new ones as and when you require.

In fact if you wish to have a fresh one for the quant section even tough you havent used up all the pages for AWA you can take one. So you need not bother about using it prior to the exams as far as I can see.
Just another note: It is quite long and will curl up when you're writing on the bottom portion. Also, it is very flexible so you can't write on it without the desk solidly underneath it.

by skimo » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:58 pm
thanks guys!

I was under the impression that this thing was literally a dry erase board with a "thick" marker. But now I feel better knowing its actually similar to a note pad!

thanks
skimo

by ig83 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:48 pm
Just to follow up on this question for people who have taken the exam. It seems its a notebook but what do you write with? Do you get a pen or pencil or is it some type of erasable marker? I'm in the same boat as the author of the thread, I write a lot.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by 800guy » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:47 pm
ig83 wrote:Just to follow up on this question for people who have taken the exam. It seems its a notebook but what do you write with? Do you get a pen or pencil or is it some type of erasable marker? I'm in the same boat as the author of the thread, I write a lot.
you write with a fine-tip dry erase marker