The 100 day Guide to 740

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by tsheshraj » Tue May 01, 2012 1:06 pm
hi archimittal,

very inspiring and really interesting to note your thoughts and motivations while preparing. all the best for your applications

by ebre » Tue May 01, 2012 11:26 pm
Thanks a whole lot for this post. I can identify with you when you say that the GMAT meant more to you than just an exam. The entire process has been a maturing one for me too.
I will use your strategy and put up my post when I'm done.
Thanks

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by archimittal » Sat May 05, 2012 11:23 pm
vishalfrompunjab wrote:Hi ! Congrats for a spectacular score . What after that ? Where have you got admission ? I am B.Sc. ( Botany , Zoology , Chemistry ) & M.A ( History ). Have not done Math post matric . English is good but I do not know the level required for GMAT's English . Please guide me how should I begin & what should be my strategy for both the sections .

Warm regards !
Thanks. I have fortunately got admission in a top Indian business school(through the CAT) and I'll be joining it. I'd suggest that you take a diagnostic test to figure out where do you stand now both on Verbal and Quant. You can go through my post or browse through the Self stdy section of this website to figure out the right strategy

by archimittal » Sat May 05, 2012 11:28 pm
Just realized that it's been exactly one year today when I started my prep. It was may 6th last year when I kicked off my preparation ,not knowing where life will lead me to but now life has come a full circle and I'm happy :)

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members

by ronnie1985 » Thu May 10, 2012 6:47 am
Great experience, well shared...

thanks...
Follow your passion, Success as perceived by others shall follow you

by archimittal » Mon May 21, 2012 4:27 am
ronnie1985 wrote:Great experience, well shared...

thanks...
Thank you. Hope you benefit from this great forum a lot. Just keep exploring here :)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:52 members
GMAT Score:760

by rishi raj » Sun May 27, 2012 11:04 pm
Great to see that you have made it to a top Indian school also. Heartiest congratulations on this grand success. Like I always said, I knew that you would do it. So firstly you cracked the GMAT and then the CAT :)

by archimittal » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:11 am
rishi raj wrote:Great to see that you have made it to a top Indian school also. Heartiest congratulations on this grand success. Like I always said, I knew that you would do it. So firstly you cracked the GMAT and then the CAT :)
The journey was made easier because of great people like you on this forum who are an inspiration on this forum

Followed by:5 members

by neodante » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:40 am
Great journey. Your meticulousness shows through the way you prepared for the GMAT. I'd like to know though that how did you choose India over the US for your MBA ? I already have a good GMAT score but I'll be taking the CAT this year and want to be prepared for a situation like yours.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:23 pm
Congrats on the great score! That is quite an achievement! Good luck with apps.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

by archimittal » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:13 am
neodante wrote:Great journey. Your meticulousness shows through the way you prepared for the GMAT. I'd like to know though that how did you choose India over the US for your MBA ? I already have a good GMAT score but I'll be taking the CAT this year and want to be prepared for a situation like yours.
Basically, I want to work in India post MBA. The schools in the US are great but one has to go through a grueling process to get through companies because unlike the indian business schools, the placements don't take on the campus.
Indian schools are quite good on that respect.They have their own drawbacks though and the US schools are much much better on a lot of aspects but then also as long as i go to a top school in India, for the time being at least I am happy :)

by Ngan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:46 am
Hi!
I read your article about how you beat the Gmat and I am impressed of your score.
I want to ask you more about your strategies during the time you studied for Gmat.

Did you use any timer? I am praticing OG 12 now and the quant section is so far quite ok. i can almost solve most of the questions. However, in the end when the questions tend to be harder. It takes more time from me. Sometimes it takes 30 min for me to solve a question. I am so worry, since on the Gmat test, you just have 75 min for 37 questions. How did you do?

and I have one more question considering RC, I am not english native speaker, and to be honest, I am afraid that I will not do well on verbal section. Do you have any tips?

by rajneesh.kr » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:46 am
Are you an IITan ?

by archimittal » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:50 am
Ngan wrote:Hi!
I read your article about how you beat the Gmat and I am impressed of your score.
I want to ask you more about your strategies during the time you studied for Gmat.

Did you use any timer? I am practicing OG 12 now and the quant section is so far quite ok. i can almost solve most of the questions. However, in the end when the questions tend to be harder. It takes more time from me. Sometimes it takes 30 min for me to solve a question. I am so worry, since on the Gmat test, you just have 75 min for 37 questions. How did you do?
Timing is really very important to do well on the GMAT. The best way to reduce the time you take in a particular question is to become really good on that topic. So the better your grasp and understanding of a topic,the faster your speed will be.
and I have one more question considering RC, I am not english native speaker, and to be honest, I am afraid that I will not do well on verbal section. Do you have any tips?
If you are a non native English speaker, the best way to start is to read The Economist daily. The articles in the magazine use really good english and they are quite long-as a result,it will help you understand complex language. Secondly, take each area in SC one by one and become really good at it. That will boost your confidence and you will be able to tackle questions easily. How long have you been prepping by the way ?

by Ngan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:42 am
Thanks for the tips. I prepaired for almost 2 months now. But in the beginning I studied without any strategies books, just OG 12 as I tried to practice all the questions.
As I noticed so my weaknesses in Quant are number properties and probabilities. So I am trying to improve them now. I ordered the book Number properties from Manhattan Gmat now so I hope it will help.

Considering verbals I bought two books Critical Resoning Bibel and SC from Manhanttan, I heard that those two are really good.