test day is coming up am i ready?

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

test day is coming up am i ready?

by yvonne12 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:37 pm
OK, I've been taking the Gmat prep and studying the og books among other books. I have been scoring in the high 40's(scaled score) on the quantitive and low 40's on the verbal, but whats wierd about this is that there are more repeated questions on the verbal (in reading comp and critical reasoning questions) than on the quantitive and I still get a higher scaled score on the quantive, not to mention more errors on the quantive than verbal section. Needless to say my average gmat score so for for the past weeks have been in the 740's with a couple of 760's. Now, my question is,

has anyone experienced such high scores in the Gmat prep and still scored low on the real test???

and

Can someone explain why the quantitive scaled score are higher then verbal even though I get more errors in quantitive??

ok and test day is on saturday at 9am, Im nervous as hell, I dont know what to expect given the horror stories I've read on this forum. I know its now or never since I've been studying for the past four months and bought 11 books in an attempt to achieve the highest score possible, but is there a slight chance that I might get a score in the 600"s. What should I do in the next 2 days? I've been going over the practice questions in the books and reading all the books over again and taking the Gmatprep online. I literally study all day from morning to night. my god if I score less than a 700 something must be wrong with me...

Can someone provide me with some guidance?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

GMATPRep

by gmat_enthus » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:44 pm
Did you see any GMATPrep questions repeated while you took the test? A lot of times you would have seen those questions in one of the forums and that causes the scores to be bloated. If not you should be good.

Dont be nervous, almost every bright mind I have seen going down in GMAT is due to nervousness. So take it easy, nervousness is not going to fetch you much.

Thanks
My 760 | GMAT Preparation Suggestion

destination 760! completed!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 pm
For some reason, they use a different scaled score for quant and verbal - nobody knows why. (Well, presumably they do... :)) The thing that actually matters is the percentile ranking. Ignore the raw scores - just look at the percentile.
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me