Target Q46 to Q50

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Target Q46 to Q50

by deepak.gmat » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:48 am
Friends,
I am from math background and I got q46 in gmat quant after prearation of 20 days.
I want to score q50.
I need the vauablle suggetions to opt for any good course to achieve q50.
Thanks in advance

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:52 am
deepak.gmat wrote:Friends,
I am from math background and I got q46 in gmat quant after prearation of 20 days.
I want to score q50.
I need the vauablle suggetions to opt for any good course to achieve q50.
Thanks in advance
Can you tell us a little more about what you've done thus far? (Number of practice tests/Official Guide questions, etc.)
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:46 am
Hi deepak.gmat,

A Q46 is the type of score that strong 'math thinkers' (engineers, bankers, etc.) tend to score in the Quant section. That section of the GMAT is NOT a 'math test' - it's a 'critical thinking test' that involves lots of little math steps. As such, to raise your score to a Q50+, you have to learn to 'see' the Quant section in a different way. An emphasis on Quant Tactics, pattern-matching, etc. is what's needed now.

1) How long have you studied?
2) What materials have you used?
3) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:22 members

by Jeff@TargetTestPrep » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:01 am
Hi deepak.gmat,

Depending on your current needs, there are many options to help you with GMAT quant. To help determine which prep resource may be the best fit for you, I have a few questions about your GMAT experience and MBA goals:

1) Describe your study routine. For how many hours a day have you been studying and for how many total months? What resources have you been using for your prep?

Also, when you were studying, do you feel as if you have been able to achieve linear and targeted learning followed by focused practice? In other words, have you been able to master one topic before you moved to the next?

2) Can you provide us with the dates and score breakdowns of your official MBA.com practice tests? When you took the practice tests, did you take them under realistic conditions (e.g. in a quiet environment, no extended breaks)?

3) To what schools do you plan to apply?

4) What deadlines are you targeting?

5) When is the date of your GMAT?

Jeffrey Miller
Head of GMAT Instruction
[email protected]

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:119 members
GMAT Score:780

by Matt@VeritasPrep » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:45 pm
If you have a math background, you can definitely beat Q46: it's probably just a matter of familiarizing yourself with the math topics the GMAT tests that you are less likely to have seen before (number properties, probability) and some of the common pitfalls of DS questions. You likely already have the skill to get a Q50, you just need to know what to expect from the test. It shouldn't take too long, and be sure to focus on questions challenging enough to appear on the GMAT, but not so challenging that they're unlikely to appear (like some of the more esoteric questions that appear on forums).

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:119 members
GMAT Score:780

by Matt@VeritasPrep » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:46 pm
I'd also recommend the latest materials from the testwriters themselves: the GMAT Question Packs and the newest CATs. These will give you a good idea of what's likely to be on the test in 2016 (whereas some of the other material is relevant, but a little more dated.)