Taking days off from studying before taking the GMAT??

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Would anyone recommend taking a few days off from studying before taking the GMAT? If so, how long would you consider a good amount of time? Thanks for your opinions! :D
Last edited by revoltangel on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by awesomeusername » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:03 pm
Well, taking the practice tests not only give you an idea of how the real thing will go, but also raise your test-taking stamina. Just like anything else, you need to keep the practice going for your stamina to stay within an acceptable range. Rest for too long, and you're hurting yourself. How long were you planning on resting? I don't think a couple days would hurt.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by revoltangel » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:13 pm
awesomeusername wrote:How long were you planning on resting? I don't think a couple days would hurt.

Yes that is a good point. Staying in shape doesn't just apply to physical fitness!

I was planning on taking the last practice test about 4 days before the real gmat. And then not doing anything the day before the test.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:15 members

by VP_Jim » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:56 pm
I think it's a great idea to take off a couple days before the test. There's no use cramming - GMAT study is not memorization, and there's probably not much more you can do at that point!

I might recommend doing a handful of EASY problems the morning of your test to get your mind running again, but yes, other than that, rest up for a day or two.
Jim S. | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep