Stuck Studying For GMAT

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Stuck Studying For GMAT

by raycal » Tue May 17, 2011 12:19 pm
Okay....so I have been casually studying for the GMAT since Jan. of this year. I now want to really buckle down and attack the test. However, I am constantly lost in trying to get a good study pattern. All practices tests, the OG, kaplan, etc. are good, but I need something that takes me into the direction of baby steps. The study guides are just too spread out in subject and sometimes difficulty. I realize this is how it will be on the exam, but for studying I prefer something with structure.

I know all the content in the math section of GMAT, but I want to master the questions. What I need is questions that focus on one topic and increase in difficulty as I go on.

Say I want to practice all work word problems. For me, I think it helps to work on easier problems and slowly progress to more complex problems. Is there a study guide that says, "Here are 100 questions all having to do with work problems. As you work through them the problems increase in difficulty."?

I think this approach will work the best for me as I did it in college on a lot of my chemistry classes. Please help!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Tue May 17, 2011 2:07 pm
raycal wrote: I know all the content in the math section of GMAT, but I want to master the questions. What I need is questions that focus on one topic and increase in difficulty as I go on.
BTG's 60-Day Study Guide is such that each day is devoted to one topic (e.g., Ratios). In the Practice section of your daily email, you are directed to answer OG12 questions related to that one topic. The OG12 questions are ordered in increasing difficulty, so that should give you your desired framework.

BTG's Practice Questions can also be filtered by difficulty.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com