00:00

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

Sofia will attend a sequence of daily training sessions for her job. On the last day of her training sessions, she will attend either 1 session or 2 sessions. On each of the other days of her training sessions, she will attend exactly 2 sessions. At the end of her third day of attending training sessions, how many sessions will Sofia have left to attend?

(1) The sequence of training sessions Sofia will attend will last 6 days
(2) There are a total of 11 training sessions in the sequence of training sessions Sofia will attend

The OA is the option B.

I don't understand why the first statement is not sufficient. Could someone clarify this to me? I'd really appreciate any help.

Please.

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by Vincen » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:21 am

Timer

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

Hi Vjesus12.

Let's take a look at your question.

First Statement
(1) The sequence of training sessions Sofia will attend will last 6 days
This implies that the total number of training sessions that Sofia could attend will be 11 or 12, because the first five days she will attend 10 sessions and in the last day, she could attend to one or two sessions.

So, at the end of her third day of attending training sessions, she has attended 6 sessions, and she will have left to attend 5 or 6 sessions.

Since there are two possibilities, this statement is not sufficient.

Second Statement
(2) There are a total of 11 training sessions in the sequence of training sessions Sofia will attend
At the end of her third day of attending training sessions, she has attended 6 sessions. Since there are a total of 11 sessions, then she will have left to attend 5 sessions.

Therefore, this statement is sufficient.

In conclusion, the correct answer is the option B.

I hope it helps you. <i class="em em-smiley"></i>

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by deloitte247 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:56 am

Timer

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

Question is to find number of sessions that sofia will have to attend after 3 sessions.
Sofia attend 2 training session per day except for the last day which is either 1 or 2 session completed at the end of 3rd day
= 2 + 2 + 2 = 6 sessions.
Statement 1 : Training session will last for 6 days
Total session for 6 days = 12 or 11 session
having completed 6 sessions in 3 days
sofia will have either 5 or 6 session left.
Answer is not unique enough to give exact number of sessions. Statement 1 is not sufficient .
Statement 2: Total number of training session is 11
i.e 11- 6 = 5 sessions
sofia has 5 sessions left to attend
Statement 2 is sufficient
Answer = B because statement 2 alone is sufficient is sufficient and statement 1 is not sufficient.