slow verbal improvement!!!

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

slow verbal improvement!!!

by gmat-10 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:29 am
I decided not to touch quant untill my accuracy in verbal is around 37-38 questions out of41. But it turned out that verbal improvement is extremely extremely slow and there is no gradual improvement despite of putting lot of efforts. There is no way that I can identify a specifc area becase I need accuracy in all three RC, SC and CR. Following are the numbers of 12 preptest:

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by jaskaran » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:54 am
dude, quantity is not everything, there is no point doing all those questions unless, you keep a track of where your going wrong, identify patterns, which questions are you getting repeatedly wrong, work on them, and then go back and take further tests.
Last edited by jaskaran on Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by martin.jonson007 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:23 am
This is the journey of so called successful people who enter into job market without MBA from a decent B school ->

===========================

spending 14 hours a day in so called HIGHLY MODERN INFRASTRUCTURE, asking ( or begging ) for a promotion or 10 % raise on appraisal every year which is mostly refused b'cos of so called recession ( no matter company is related to switch gears or garments like stuff wch are unrelated to recession ), losing physical appearances, earning PILES in 2-3 years and DIABETIES in 7-8 years ,
always craving (or frustating) about not given full fledge attempt at the right time....

===========================

I hope your improvement is not that SLOW....

Am no expert but i can say that

THIS PAIN IS WORTH IT.... IF YOU WONT TAKE TAKE THIS PAIN , WORLD WILL GIVE

YOU THE PAIN WHICH I MENTIONED ABOVE.....

Legendary Member
Followed by:90 members

by Tani » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:03 am
If you are working with a computer adaptive test for your verbal score, the number of questions correct is irrelevant. The score is based on the difficulty of the questions answered. People with the identical number of questions correct can have wildly different scores. To get a better picture of your score potential, you should take a computer adaptive practice test. The best bet, of course, is a full length test prep course from a proven source such as Kaplan. If you can't afford that, look for a book such as Kaplan's GMAT premier that includes a CD-ROM and online access.
Tani Wolff