by alltimeacheiver » Tue May 17, 2011 12:58 am
Pls share ur input if lesft with very less time to handle such RCSS
Attachments
rc2.PNG

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:123 members
GMAT Score:760

by Geva@EconomistGMAT » Tue May 17, 2011 4:05 am
alltimeacheiver wrote:Pls share ur input if lesft with very less time to handle such RCSS
See my discussion of the initial reading of this passage here
https://www.beatthegmat.com/long-rc-expe ... tml#365807

This is actually a nasty question, since it is not at all clear where you need to read in the passage at first - the entire passage talks about relation between solar activity and weather changes. if you're not clear on where you need to read, dive into the ACS and see if what you have read so far might be enough. In this question, the Answer choices provide the missing clue - they all talk about further research, which was not mentioned in our initial reading of the passage, so we need to go looking for it. We find it at the end of the passage - where it says that the hypothesis seems plausible, but further research is needed to prove the link between solar activity and weather changes (I assume the last line that does not appear in your screen shot says "weather changes"). Go and find an answer choice that says that: A, B and C are unnecessarily negative about the prospects of proving such a link, and E goes overboard in the opposite direction, leaving D as the only answer.
Geva
Senior Instructor
Master GMAT
1-888-780-GMAT
https://www.mastergmat.com

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by powerpuff » Thu May 19, 2011 4:46 am
I also got this passage in the GMATPREP I attempted yesterday. I must say that I was frustrated on reading this passage. Thanks Geva@MasterGMAT for providing the right approach.