Sending GMAT scores after taking test

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Sending GMAT scores after taking test

by maakef » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:43 am
Hi all,

I took the GMAT for the second time on August 27, and this time I got the score I wanted!

However, I declined to send my scores to any schools during the test, since I had heard I could send it afterwards (I knew it was for a fee, I was willing to bite the cost though).

I want to send applications for round 1, the earliest deadline for my target schools is September 21. I'm worried though that the official scores won't be received by the schools before the deadline, even though I'm pretty sure you have to self-report anyway. Will my application be thrown out if I self-report, the round 1 deadline passes, and they receive my official score during round 2? Or will it be considered a part of round 2 (which I'm willing to accept).

Also, I noticed that the school websites all list school codes, but when I try searching for something similar on the mba.com website for sending scores I don't see anything similar. Will that jeopardize my ability to send scores to schools? I intend to do a 2 year, full-time program, which I can find listed on the website, just without the school codes.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

maakef

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Donna@Stratus » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:52 am
maakef wrote:Hi all,

I took the GMAT for the second time on August 27, and this time I got the score I wanted!
As long as you self-report and the school can see that score, they will consider you with that reported score. The paperwork for official score not arriving right on time should not matter- the evaluation process will still take several weeks. I would not be too concerned about it but do follow up to make sure official report gets there but don't let that stop you from sending application.
However, I declined to send my scores to any schools during the test, since I had heard I could send it afterwards (I knew it was for a fee, I was willing to bite the cost though).

I want to send applications for round 1, the earliest deadline for my target schools is September 21. I'm worried though that the official scores won't be received by the schools before the deadline, even though I'm pretty sure you have to self-report anyway. Will my application be thrown out if I self-report, the round 1 deadline passes, and they receive my official score during round 2? Or will it be considered a part of round 2 (which I'm willing to accept).

Also, I noticed that the school websites all list school codes, but when I try searching for something similar on the mba.com website for sending scores I don't see anything similar. Will that jeopardize my ability to send scores to schools? I intend to do a 2 year, full-time program, which I can find listed on the website, just without the school codes.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

maakef

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:28 pm
Don't worry... they'll see your scores whether you report them or not. Many people worry about this, but what you're actually doing is giving the school permission to see all of your scores when they review your application. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. But when they pull your "file" they get access to your scores no matter if you sent them the scores or not. Self-reporting is not the only way they get them.
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants