SC Question from Exam Pack - Restrictive Participle modifier

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Giuseppe Alessi, a world-class chef whose life has been a search for the genuine and the
delicious in Florentine cooking, is an accomplished scholar not only unearthing many of his
recipes from medieval and Renaissance manuscripts but also a poet and philosopher who draws
his inspiration from the idyllic frescoes of Etruscan tombs.
A)not only unearthing many of his recipes from medieval and Renaissance manuscripts but also a
poet and philosopher who draws
B)unearthing many of his recipes both from medieval and Renaissance manuscripts, as well as a
poet and a philosopher who draws
C)who unearths many of his recipes from medieval and Renaissance manuscripts, as well as a poet
and a philosopher who draws
D)who unearths many of his recipes from medieval and Renaissance manuscripts, but also a poet
and a philosopher drawing
E) who unearths many of his recipes from medieval and Renaissance manuscripts, a poet and
philosopher drawing

Experts,
Requesting you to help me with this.
I have a question about option B
My understanding about the verb+ing form following a noun without comma is that it restrictively modifies the noun (or) adds defining information about the noun. (similar to a prepositional phrase (or) a 'that' clause directly following a noun)

Please confirm if I have understood these examples correctly.

eg. they are students studying art- 'studying art' defines the kind of students - is this sentence correct?

from OG: moons circling the uranus - 'circling the uranus' tells about those specific moons

is option B incorrectly using the +ing modifier with scholar?
does it mean -- Giuseppe Alessi is an accomplished scholar unearthing.. (meaning: scholar of one kind)
On other forums and on a different thread here I notice this option is dismissed citing [spoiler]lack of parallelism between the two modifiers 'unearthing..' and 'who draws'. I found B lacks parallelism here: [spoiler]"both from medival and Renaissance manuscripts"[/spoiler]. But I would like to understand if the +ing form is also used incorrectly here and what meaning it conveys with the construction used here.