Renovated Housing Development

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
GMAT Score:570

Renovated Housing Development

by reply2spg » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:24 pm
The newly renovated housing development in city X is cleaner, bigger, and less expensive than other local housing developments. The development, therefore, should attract thousands of people and become the most popular residential area in city X.

Which of the following, if true, would LEAST weaken the argument above?

a. The housing development is located near many local stores and highways.

b. A cleaner and less expensive housing development has recently been built in city X.

c. The housing development provides no convenient access to secondary schools.

d. Most of those planning to move to city X are reluctant to move into renovated buildings.

e. Although rents are lower in the renovated development than they are at other comparable housing projects, when utility bills are included, the cost of living is higher in the new development

OA A. I got it correct. Just one question [spoiler]Does B means new housing development has recently been built?[/spoiler]
Sudhanshu
(have lot of things to learn from all of you)

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:710

by gmatmachoman » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:30 pm
I think it tries to mean, it is NOT a renovated housing development .

By the question stem I understand it needs to be a LSAT one..

Legendary Member

by reply2spg » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:50 pm
Ravi,

How you feel that it is LSAT question?
Sudhanshu

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:680

by beatthegmatinsept » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:53 pm
I think it means that a brand new (not renovated) housing development has also been built in City X, which might be competition for the renovated community.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by paddle_sweep » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:10 pm
What's the source of this question? Option 'E' seems correct to me assuming that there are no typos in it.

Although rents are lower in the renovated development than they are at other comparable housing projects, when utility bills are included, the cost of living is higher in the new development

Is it 'new' or 'renovated' development? Pls clarify.

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:710

by gmatmachoman » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:46 pm
reply2spg wrote:Ravi,

How you feel that it is LSAT question?
Ok,LSAT becox there is a subtle difference between GMAC way of framing CR & LSAT way of doing it..

If u see LSAC CR has a very descriptive CR stem but our GMAC ones are NOT.

If u chk out the official LSAT books and practice them heavily u will readily spot & feel it also..

Moreover in LSAT ones, for a weaken type ones, the argument will be wide open but in GMAC is not that open.

people say LSAT CR is tough but IMO, GMAC tests CR strongly( I means the degree of toughness & subtelity) more than LSAT. And now that it becomes a debate which is " tougher" LOL!!

Legendary Member

by reply2spg » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:49 am
You are right about new development. Howevere, in this context it is referring to 'newly renovated development'.
paddle_sweep wrote:What's the source of this question? Option 'E' seems correct to me assuming that there are no typos in it.

Although rents are lower in the renovated development than they are at other comparable housing projects, when utility bills are included, the cost of living is higher in the new development

Is it 'new' or 'renovated' development? Pls clarify.
Sudhanshu