Reflections on the Actual GMAT

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:3 members

Reflections on the Actual GMAT

by Gurpinder » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:03 am
I am asking a member, who has recently written his GMAT, to give us feedback! I have pm'ed the user and he will respond shortly!

1) how close is the actual gmat to the OG questions. which ones should I do for the 2 weeks remaining for practice? people usually say do the last 100, do you agree?

3) any other tips, please let us know

You guys can post up your questions as well!
Last edited by Gurpinder on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress."
- Alfred A. Montapert, Philosopher.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:760

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:07 am
I didn't think the OG was similar to the real thing. I think the best practice is to use the last 100 questions of the problem solving and data sufficiency sections. I would do the last four RC passages, and the last 30 CR and SC questions. Those are the only problems that are remotely similar to anything you will see on the real thing.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/the-retake-o ... 51414.html

Brandon Dorsey
GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep

Buy any Veritas Prep book(s) and receive access to 5 Practice Cats for free! Learn More.

Legendary Member
Followed by:3 members

by Gurpinder » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:17 am
osirus0830 wrote:I didn't think the OG was similar to the real thing. I think the best practice is to use the last 100 questions of the problem solving and data sufficiency sections. I would do the last four RC passages, and the last 30 CR and SC questions. Those are the only problems that are remotely similar to anything you will see on the real thing.
Thanks,

are you using the MGMAT books by any chance?
"Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress."
- Alfred A. Montapert, Philosopher.