Re-sending GMAT scores

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

Re-sending GMAT scores

by nitin86 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:07 am
Hi,

I appeared for GMAT in Dec'08, and in the process selected some schools to which GMAC will send my GMAT score.

I'm not applying for the class of 2011, but will be applying for the class of 2012.

Do I need to have my GMAT score resent to these schools from the GMAC, while applying for class of 2012?

Thanks & Regards,
Nitin

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:17 members
GMAT Score:750

by Graham » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:18 am
Nitin,

Thanks for your post. This is a great question - and one that confuses many applicants who are in your situation.

The short answer is that you will likely need to re-report your scores next cycle to ensure that they end up at your target schools. Having said that, this is something you could ask Pearson/GMAC about, since they may allow you to hold off on your 'free' reporting rather than charging you to repeat the same task late this year (though I doubt it, since they make a fair amount of money on their score-reporting service).

Keep in mind that the schools will not automatically have your scores on file - despite the fact that you reported them this year - as the 'triggering mechanism' for the score-verification process is an application (which you have not submitted). As such, it is not as though you will be treated as a reapplicant who has scores on file, etc.

Again, my understanding is that you will need to touch base with Pearson/GMAC this summer/fall and sign up to have your scores sent to the schools again, but you may want to look into this with Pearson directly to be sure.

Best of luck,

Graham
Graham Richmond
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.