RC

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

RC

by skins81 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:47 pm
I just finished almost all the RC questions from OG 11. I was wondering what is the best way to study for RC questions? Is there any book where I can get a lot of practice or will help me with RC strategies?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:760

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:02 am
I had the same problem. I took the Veritas course and their Reading Comp book is hands down the best for RC that I have ever read. The problem is they don't sell the books individually. I would recommend trying to find someone that has taken the course and see if s/he will sell you the book.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/the-retake-o ... 51414.html

Brandon Dorsey
GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep

Buy any Veritas Prep book(s) and receive access to 5 Practice Cats for free! Learn More.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by cccmom » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:12 am
Doing the problems is great, but the learning happens in analyzing the problems and discovering mistakes and patterns. Are you sure you need another book? Perhaps it might be helpful to categorize your RC errors? What kinds of questions are you missing? What types of passages challenge you? There are lots of great articles out there by Stacey with MHGMAT that tell you how to analyze your work. This has really helped me. Maybe if you can recognize your RC errors, than you can address them with resources and questions in the forum? Also, I worked with a tutor who uses the LSAT Superprep guide. There is an explanation in the beginning which is really good and talks about approach. I hope this helps some and I wish you continued success in your gmat efforts!