Purdue (Krannert) Vs Indiana (Kelley)

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Purdue (Krannert) Vs Indiana (Kelley)

by bbednar » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:36 am
Ok i really need some help, I am very stuck here. I was blessed with admission to several great programs and I have narrowed it down to 2.

I am hoping to go into marketing, preferably consumer marketing and maybe consulting. I am from the US and my background is in Digital Marketing.

I have been admitted into Purdue Krannert with a GA which waives tuition both years and gives me a monthly stipend of about $750 / month. There are still some fees I would have to pay so it would basically cost me $12,000 per year for Purdue. I figure I would have between $30k and $40k in debt when I graduate.

I was also admitted into Indiana Kelley which I know is the better program especially for marketing, but I did not get offered any money from them. I figure I would have around $100k in debt when I graduate from there.

My dilemma is do I go to the better program and take on greater debt? Or to a lesser program (though still a respectable one in my opinion) and significantly reduce the debt I will carry. The other thing is I hope to work in the Mountain west (USA) where although Kelley is ranked higher, Purdue carries a greater brand value. People know Purdue better and view it as an impressive school. At least that's what it seems, I may be wrong on that theory lol.

Please provide any advice you have!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:43 pm
Purdue has a better reputation in the Mountain West? That is a bit surprising to me, I would think Indiana would still be the leader there. That is quite a difference in costs. But, with your desire to go into Marketing after business school, I think I might lean Indiana.
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!