Profile Evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by Mayanks2586 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:44 am
Hi,

Would request to give me your honest opinion and advice.

M 22, From India. Working with a Software Development company as Software Engineer since 2 Years. Can justify my leadership skills and career profession very well.

Bachelor's - B.Tech(Information Technology) - 75%
10+2 School - 82%

Projected GMAT - 670 (48 Quant, 34 Verbal)
Toefl - 100

Program - IB, Info Systems or Finance.

Schools:

UCLA
Tippie
Yale
INSEAD
WHARTON
Boston

I started my career as a trainee with the same company. Got a team of 4 working under me after 4 months of joining. Successfully delivered the project. Now working on 2 projects simultaneously, one for a client in US and other project of my own(4 people working me) for which I am directly reporting to the VP). Expecting an award of excellence in March 09.

Extra Curricular:
1) University level Award for Best Programmer
2) Received an award for taking part in Dramatics.
3) Was the member of Dramatic Society of the college.
4) Helping 3 children, financially by providing them education, food and healthcare facilities.
5) Associated with https://IndianBloodDonors.com, regular blood donor.
6) Contributing money for the marriage of the daughter of our maid.

Thanks Again....

Legendary Member
Followed by:7 members

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:32 am
Hello,

You have a strong profile but I still think that Wharton and Yale would be too much of a stretch, and possibly UCLA and INSEAD also. There is nothing in your profile that would indicate to the adcom that you couldn’t handle the rigor of the programs at the more competitive schools, but compared to others in your industry and demographic group your GMAT is low and, from the information provided, it’s not clear how you stand out. Of course, there may be aspects of your goals or the details of your work experience that would change this assessment, but I believe that Tippie and Boston would be better bets, and there are many other programs of similar caliber that have much to offer and where you would likely to competitive, such as Maryland Georgia Tech (depending on your goals).

Good luck with your MBA plans --

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Editor, Accepted.com
www.Accepted.com