Profile Evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by bradley281 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:08 pm
I would appreciate it if someone could take a look at my profile. I will be applying to Evening programs this Fall.

My GPA is not fantastic by any stretch but I am hoping my GMAT and the rest of my application make me competitive.

GPA - 2.82 from large state school
-was a scholarshiped athlete which did restrict my study and class time, i'm hoping that will be taken into consideration and that it will be a plus on my application

-i did take 4 post grad courses in accounting from U of Phx. where my GPA was 3.8

Experience - 6 years Finance/Accounting experience in both public and private industry. Moved up to Finance manager managing 4 staff very quickly working for a subsidiary of a Public International Engineering Firm.

I am currently in Corporate Finance as a Sr. Financial Analyst for a $2B public homebuilder. I am currently managing the companies forecasting efforts.

My target GMAT is 710

I am applying to the following schools for Evening Only:

1) My long shot - HAAS
2) USC-Marshall
3) UC-Davis
4) Santa Clara
5) UCSD or SDSU

I'm hoping my long shot comes true but I understand it is a long shot.

Thank you,

Bradley

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:14 am
Your profile looks pretty good based on what you've written. You should definitely take advantage of the optional essay included with most applications to explain your time management situation as a scholar athlete. It is definitely a plus that you have done so well in your additional accounting classes. Your GMAT score is great as is your work experience.

That said, there are a lot of people with financial backgrounds applying to b-school now. Therefore, it is important to differentiate yourself via essays, interviews, and LORs. You should have no problem with the programs you have chosen if you spend the time putting together a strong application package. Best of luck!
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options