Profile evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile evaluation

by Shubhjpwc » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:51 am
Hello Mr Chu
My name is Shubham and i am from New Delhi, India.
I have been thinking to join Wharton and Kellogg since i was 15 when i first decided that what interested me the most was marketing and branding and these are the two colleges I have really focussed since then.
My goals and aims are pretty clear, don't know how eminent they are but they are mine.
After MBA join several FMCG company as a marketing head understand consumer behavior and finally after 4-5 years of experience have my own marketing company may be better than Ogilvy.

Just a candid feedback from you after reading a gist of my profile which is as under:
Cleared my senior high school @ 17 and scored 92%.
Was the captain of my table tennis team and won gold medal at zonal championship in the year 2005-2006.
Also i was in the student council of my school responsible for discipline in school. 
Straight after my high school i got recruited at Price Waterhouse  as a professional assistant and there along with my job I finished my graduation and also my chartered accountancy course
I always wanted to see things happen practically and wanted to go to Big-4. simple logics that i followed was 
Read-Apply-learn..coz once you apply it you will never forget it..
Wasting 3 years of my life at a regular college was no value addition to me and  therefore i joined Price Waterhouse and did my studies simultaneously.
At an age of 22 I am both a Graduate and a Chartered accountant.
Have a 3+1 years of full time work experience.
Also I am a founder of an NGO spreading education amongst orphan kids those who don't have resources to fund their education but are willing to study.
My weekends are secured for these activities.

Few shortcomings in my profile:

I really got low grades in my first two years of graduation because of late working hours at my office and a really disappointing score in stats and maths.
Third year, because of my hard work in first two years at office, i was  given time to study and scored 90% in two main subjects of marketing which i chose in my curriculum.

Secondly, I never went to a regular college, reason as explained earlier. But is this reason justified in the eyes of Adcom..?

Thirdly, I left PWC when I became a C.A. And joined a local small firm for 1 year even though i had an offer from Mckinsey and company.
Reason being there would have been no value addition in my knowledge and experience if i stayed @PWC. I wanted to see the ground realities of our taxation system in India and it was only possible if I chose a local firm.

Before entering the marketing field i wanted to make my base strong with numbers, costing techniques, laws, combining which i can offer good strategies ahead.

I have really seen huntsman hall every day in my dreams for 6 years now and i really wanna go and learn what i have always loved, and how i have always wanted to learn things.
Also i will give my GMAT in December and assure you i can get 720+.

Thanking you in anticipation
Shubham Jain