Profile Evaluation Request

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation Request

by yongpau_millenium » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:42 am
Hi,

My profile: Male/Indonesian/25 Years old. Studied and now working in Singapore.

Undergrad study: Bachelor of Computer Engineering. Graduated with 1st class honor (GPA ~ 3.6). Dean's list.
GMAT: 730 (Q50/V38) / AWA 5.0

Work Experience:

- work as pre-sales consultant handling deals >75,000 USD at one of top IT company in the world.
- no of years: 3 (during application), 4 (during matriculation). Have been promoted 2 times, from trainee (after graduation) to associate consultant and then to consultant.
- Main responsibility: client facing activity such as requirement gathering, solution presentation, client discussion, client workshop, etc. I meet with people from various level such as staff, manager, director, and sometimes C-Level.
- International exposure: Handling regional market. I work with different clients from different countries (Indonesia, Vietnam, India, Pakistan, Malaysia) and I have to travel 20-50% of the time to those countries to meet the client and present the solution.

post-MBA career goal: management consulting

Extra curricular:
- VP of School Magazine in Junior College
- President of Student Union in Junior College
- Group Leader of Guitar Ensemble in University
- Stage Manager in Annual Concert in University
- Music Director of Musical Theater for charity program conducted by a church
- etc

What do you think of my chance of getting into HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Sloan, Kellogg and INSEAD?

Thank you!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:51 am
You have a great profile and there are a couple of things which may really help you stand out, mostly your Indonesian heritage. Indonesia is what's considered an "under represented" country. You will still need a compelling vision for your post MBA career and be able to articulate how your past experience will be additive to your classmates, but I would definitely bet on your odds to get in a great school. HBS, Wharton and Stanford are always a crap shoot and they turn down with great regularity folks with your type of very impressive credentials all the time just because of their limited number of seats vs. applicants. But don't let that deter you, just keep in mind you really need to distinguish yourself at those schools and demonstrate an unusual amount of depth and breadth in your expereince and potential to lead. Hope this helps.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options