Profile Evaluation Request!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation Request!

by InternationalApplicant » Tue May 12, 2015 11:18 am
Hi, would you be so kind to assess my profile?

Nationality: Uruguayan (South America)

GPA: BS Accounting (with the equivalent of a CPA in the US) 82/100 at very important private University. Top 20% of class. (please do not benchmark with US percentage system. Top 1% is about 90-91/100 here). Received 35% merit based scholarship due to a 1480/1600 entrance exam score (similar to SAT)

GMAT: Did not take it yet. Please assess my chances with 680 and with 720.

Work Experience:
-41 months at matriculation. KPMG Advisory Services - Senior Consultant (three promotions).
-Experienced in M&A, valuations, financial modeling (at the Corporate Finance division) and process engineering, integration (after merger), business transformation strategy (at the Management Consulting division).
-Developed Corporate Social Responsibility strategy -emphasized in the environment- among KPMG Uruguay.
-Captain of the Advisory Services soccer team.
-General Management Assistant Professor at my University for a year (upon applying).

Extracurriculars:
-Executive Board Advisor at Latin American Sephardic Federation in Uruguay's sephardic community. Fund-raising and community involvement projects. 2,5 years upon applying.
-Mentor at 'Project Shoah'. Gave lectures to over 700 high-school students about the Holocaust and how it connects with nowadays bullying. 2 years upon applying. Member of this organization's fund-raising board too.
-Co-found a charitable organization, with about 10 to 15 volunteers in charge of helping homeless people, raising food and clothes donations.
-Have been involved for 4 years in a youth jewish movement, where I was in charge of a group of 30 children.

Other:
-Published an analysis of Corporate Social Responsibility at Uruguay's mid-market companies.
-Lived 10 months in Israel, where I have taken a 4-month community leadership program.

I am willing to apply next winter (Class of 2018), R2 to: HBS, Kellogg, Tuck, Yale SOM, Cornell Johnson and maybe Chicago Booth.

Thank you very much, I will appreciate your insights!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Wed May 13, 2015 8:27 am
Hey there,

Thanks for posting! A quick question for you - are you PLANNING on applying next year or THINKING you might depending on what I say? Not sure if we're reading "willing" in the same light. Also, if you're planning on next year, what do you think will happen professionally and personally in the next year for you? And when are you taking the GMAT? What would you like to do after you graduate? And lastly, what have your performance ratings been while at KPMG?

A little more info and we'll be on our way!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

by InternationalApplicant » Wed May 13, 2015 8:46 am
Thanks for your reply!

I will provide you with the information you asked for:

-I will definitely apply next winter.
-I expect to take the GMAT on September or October.
-I expect to stay in KPMG until matriculation, gaining more experience but without expecting other promotion. On the personal side, I will keep on working in the projects/organizations I am involved with.
-As a short-term goal, I would like to work in strategy consulting. Long-term (but not too long), I would like to develop sustainable energy projects here in Uruguay, based on my experience.
-I have been rated as 'above average' or 'exceeds expectations' in my evaluations.

Please let me know if you need further information.
Once again, thank you very much!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member

by CriticalSquareMBA » Thu May 14, 2015 7:43 am
Great - thank you for that! So if you score a 720, that's a pretty good list of schools! A bit leaning towards the more aggressive but nothing to worry about. Maybe consider adding another school around the Johnson mark to just round things out. But as long as you stay in the top 15 / 16, you'll get where you're trying to go with a brand name that'll work internationally.

Now, on the other hand, if you score a 680, you're looking at a more difficult run. You would need to look at perhaps the entire top 20 range but you're South American so you get a little slack with the 680 (not much, but some). So the list shifts a bit on the risk curve but it's still by no means unrealistic.

Does that help?

Bhavik

Web | Facebook | Twitter

by InternationalApplicant » Thu May 14, 2015 8:13 am
Sure it does!

Thank you very much Bhavik!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member

by CriticalSquareMBA » Thu May 14, 2015 8:18 am
You are most welcome pal - good luck on that GMAT!

Bhavik

Web | Facebook | Twitter