Profile Evaluation Request

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Evaluation Request

by nrajan1981 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:08 am
Hello,

Can you please consider my profile and suggest the best fit for me? I intend to do a global MBA from the Top 20 (non-US) as I want to change my sector and job profile. Currently, I am in the IT sector where I have got saturated and have less growth options for me. I would want to do Management Consulting (non-IT)

Little bit about me.
Qualification: M Sc (Hons.) Economics & Master of Management Studies (5-Year Integrated Degree On-Campus program), Bits Pilani (Rajasthan)
SSC - 82.5%
HSC - 95.5%
Pass-out CGPA: 8.23 (out of 10), Jun 2003
GMAT: planned in Sep-2013

Work experience:

IT Sector - Jul 2003 till now (approx 10 years)

Oracle India Pvt. Ltd, Hyderabad - Oracle ERP Testing , 8 Years (Jul 2003 to Jun 2011)
IBM India Pvt. Ltd, Chennai - Sr Advisory Consultant (Jun 2011 till now)

Extras
- School Topper in English and Maths during HSC
- Received BITS Merit cum Need Scholarship in the Final Year

Also, as it is 10 years since I am not in touch with studies, let me know the best Self Study prep plan.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Raj.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by ErinaApphelp » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:50 pm
Hi Rajan,

You have good acads, ECs and a decent CGPA. The strong part in your profile is high work experience. So you have lot to share your story in application essays. While writing essays and preparing for interviews, you must stay focused on post-MBA goals, why MBA at this stage, headship qualities, achievements in or outside work place, how an MBA from XYZ b-school will help you to achieve your goals, ability to work with others, what will you bring to the classroom, how will you contribute to the b-school society, etc. These few pointers will help you to convert your chances from application to admission. You may try your chances in b-schools by clicking https://bit.ly/2IrqSh

Regarding GMAT preparations, you must target 690+ GMAT score and there is lot of stuff/material available online or else join GMAT classes. Devote 2-3 hrs. regularly and practice mocks over week ends. This way you'll analyze your weaknesses and then work upon them.

Let me know in case of further queries. You may PM your details for free profile evaluation and selection of b-schools.

Regards
Erina

nrajan1981 wrote:Hello,

Can you please consider my profile and suggest the best fit for me? I intend to do a global MBA from the Top 20 (non-US) as I want to change my sector and job profile. Currently, I am in the IT sector where I have got saturated and have less growth options for me. I would want to do Management Consulting (non-IT)

Little bit about me.
Qualification: M Sc (Hons.) Economics & Master of Management Studies (5-Year Integrated Degree On-Campus program), Bits Pilani (Rajasthan)
SSC - 82.5%
HSC - 95.5%
Pass-out CGPA: 8.23 (out of 10), Jun 2003
GMAT: planned in Sep-2013

Work experience:

IT Sector - Jul 2003 till now (approx 10 years)

Oracle India Pvt. Ltd, Hyderabad - Oracle ERP Testing , 8 Years (Jul 2003 to Jun 2011)
IBM India Pvt. Ltd, Chennai - Sr Advisory Consultant (Jun 2011 till now)

Extras
- School Topper in English and Maths during HSC
- Received BITS Merit cum Need Scholarship in the Final Year

Also, as it is 10 years since I am not in touch with studies, let me know the best Self Study prep plan.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Raj.
GMAT-720
Undergrad- Top 5 college in India
MBA- Top 15 FT ranking b-school
Free Profile Evaluation- https://www.apphelp.co.in/

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:46 am
BITS Pilani is an excellent undergraduate institution which will help you to distinguish yourself in the competitive Indian applicant group. Your grades are excellent as well. Your age is a little on the older side so that might hurt you.

It is hard to advise you without a GMAT score. Assuming you get a GMAT score commensurate with your academic background (say a 740) you are competitive for the schools like Michigan Ross, Duke Fuqua, UCLA Anderson, Carnegie Mellon Tepper, etc.

With say a 700 you might be looking at lower ranked scores that are still within the top 20 like UNC Kenan Flagler, UT Austin, etc.

Since you have a Masters degree you might look at Cornell's Accelerated Program as it is easier to get in (https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Accelerated-MBA.aspx).

Best of luck,
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.