Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Evaluation IT/Indian/650/5yrs

by plodder_81 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:51 am
Hi ,

I needed an evaluation of my profile.

GMAT Score: 650 AWA 4.5 (took in 2007)

Professional Experience : Working in a Leading Indian IT services firm for last 4.5 yrs. Led a team lead in US for 2yrs and worked also as a business analyst. Currently I am working in a technical role .

Professional Degree: B.Tech in Computer Science (74% no GPA awarded by the university)

Volunteer for a charity organization for children.

I want to evaluate my chances for the following schools

1) Georgetown
2) Emory
3) Oxford

Thanks,
plodder_81

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:32 am
Dear plodder_81,

While I think it is possible you could gain admission to those programs, it also highly probable you will not based on your current profile. Your education and work experience are extremely common for applicants from India and thus it is hard to distinguish yourself in the applicant pool. Your GMAT is actually low to be competitive, so I would encourage you to retake the test and get your score up at least 40 points. It is critical for you to put together a strong application package in order to gain admission--even with a higher GMAT score. If you put forth the effort and seek expert advice, I think you might achieve admission to one of these schools.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by plodder_81 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:16 am
Lisa,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I would defintely act on your advice and retake the GMAT.

Regards,
plodder_81