BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 21
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

Sep 21 to Oct 9, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Awaiting Promotion - R1 vs R2 ?

Launched June 18, 2009
Expert replies
by agb55 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:50 am
Hello,

Currently Assistant Manager, I have a slight chance of getting promoted to Manager by this year-end. I was targeting R1 deadline, but such a scenario tempts to push my submissions to R2.

I am a 26 year old Indian Male having 3 years work-ex of in a global financial institution (analytics / data consulting role) and a year of work-ex in a global Travel company (As software engineer). Extra-curricular side is decent enough. Targeting top 10 US schools.

My only motivation in applying in R1 is that, given I am in an over-represented group of applicants, I would stand the best chance of admit in R1. Is there any truth in the myth that applying in R1 offers the best chance of admit for an applicant in an over-represented group? I haven't even started with my applications, but I might manage to pull off till R1 deadline. Though at the risk of being a half-baked one. Additionally, can I write in my essays / tell Ad-Coms that I am expecting a promotion even if it's not 100% guaranteed.

If I wait till R2, will the promotion to a Manager role really add further value and fill in the gaps in my application? Is it worth waiting?

Considering all facts, which Round will be a wise choice?
Really appreciate any help on this.
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask mbaMission |

by mbaMissionNishaT » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:58 pm
Hi, and thanks for writing! It is true that for candidates with heavily represented backgrounds, Round 1 can help (since at that point, all of the spots are open). However, one should never apply before being fully ready - so if you truly feel that your applications would be half-baked for R1, apply R2 instead.

As for the promotion, if you don't secure it before submitting your application, you can have you recommender attest to it (basically, mention that you are on track to a promotion). And, if you get notified of a promotion before submitting that will take effect post-submission (say November, if you're applying R1 in October) you can write "Effective XX date" on your resume. I wouldn't necessarily wait to apply Round 2 just to wait for a possible promotion - you can update the AdCom later on if the promotion comes through.

I hope that helps! Let me know of any other questions :)
agb55 wrote:Hello,

Currently Assistant Manager, I have a slight chance of getting promoted to Manager by this year-end. I was targeting R1 deadline, but such a scenario tempts to push my submissions to R2.

I am a 26 year old Indian Male having 3 years work-ex of in a global financial institution (analytics / data consulting role) and a year of work-ex in a global Travel company (As software engineer). Extra-curricular side is decent enough. Targeting top 10 US schools.

My only motivation in applying in R1 is that, given I am in an over-represented group of applicants, I would stand the best chance of admit in R1. Is there any truth in the myth that applying in R1 offers the best chance of admit for an applicant in an over-represented group? I haven't even started with my applications, but I might manage to pull off till R1 deadline. Though at the risk of being a half-baked one. Additionally, can I write in my essays / tell Ad-Coms that I am expecting a promotion even if it's not 100% guaranteed.

If I wait till R2, will the promotion to a Manager role really add further value and fill in the gaps in my application? Is it worth waiting?

Considering all facts, which Round will be a wise choice?
Really appreciate any help on this.
Join the discussion