Profile Evaluation - 670 GMAT

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation - 670 GMAT

by aayush_bhutani » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:42 am
Hi,

I would like to get a profile evaluation based on my GMAT scores, academic background, work experience and career goals. It would help me confirm the choices of schools I have made and establish a realistic expectation from the MBA admissions endeavour.

Nationality : Indian

GMAT - 670 (Q49, V32, AWA 6.0, IR 7)

Academics - 87.2% in 10th, 87.6% in 12th, CGPA 8.23/10 (Among top 5% of class) in B.Tech Civil Engineering from NIT Jalandhar (Among Top 20 engineering university in India)

Extra Curricular - Varied experiences in Event management and Volunteering, Treasurer of Cultural Fest of the College, Initiated, developed and organized events in Techfest, Part of NGO Art of Living - Did and organized Youth Empowerment courses for the teenagers

Work Experience : Senior Engineer in Adani Real Estate (Real Estate Developer in Gurgaon) in Contracts Department:- 50 months till date

-Project Management professional
-Contracts, Tendering, Negotiations, Award and Compliance
-Looking after entire activities of site from drawings to site execution
-Scheduling, Planning and Monitoring of activities of work at site
-Managing a team of 8 contractors including their staff and workmen (Total crosses some 1500 people) and giving a direction to the work being executed
-Doing work of a Mini Project Manager at age of 26 in traditional core industry (where experience dominates)

Career Goals
Work as a Financial Consultant / Strategy Consultant in one of the top investment banks / consulting firms for positioning myself in the Global world of finance

Schools shortlisted

Rotman School of Management - University of Toronto
Fuqua School of Business - Duke University
Sauder school of Business - University of British Columbia
Desautels : Mc Gill University
WP Carey : Arizona State University

Not comfortable with Ivey League since they are too costly. Please comment if I am wrong. Do they offer generous scholarships ?

Further I have a soft corner for Canada because of the Post graduate work permit programme which it offers to students. As such it offers a certain degree of safety if we don't immediately land up a job and thus less interested in US Programs.

I implore you to please give me a sense of direction based on your vast experience.

Regards,
Aayush

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:57 am
re: the GMAT, you have a good quant score, but your overall score it modest for a few of the programs you list. If you think you can improve the overall score in time for round 2, it might be a good thing to do. Your goals are a little vague, and disconnected with your prior experience, so I would suggest being more specific, and make sure it makes sense in your applications why you want to switch to Finance and what you have done to assure adcom it all makes sense. This is doable, just make sure you do it. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/