Powerscore CR Bible more difficult/complicated?

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
I've been reading the CR Bible by Powerscore and frankly it seems to have questions that are more complicated than the actual GMAT CR Questions. Does anyone else feel the same way?? Am I wasting my time reading this book? I got a 660 couple of weeks ago and was focusing on Verbal since I had a 33 in it but this book is taking forever to finish. I only have two and a half weeks to revise the CR, RC and Quant portions, and I work full time :(

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by vishalj » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:22 pm
haidgmat wrote:I've been reading the CR Bible by Powerscore and frankly it seems to have questions that are more complicated than the actual GMAT CR Questions. Does anyone else feel the same way?? Am I wasting my time reading this book? I got a 660 couple of weeks ago and was focusing on Verbal since I had a 33 in it but this book is taking forever to finish. I only have two and a half weeks to revise the CR, RC and Quant portions, and I work full time :(
Having two weeks is not a time to go with a completely new book. I would recommend that you only focus on your weakness. And don't loose your grip on your strength.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by haidgmat » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:09 am
vishalj wrote:
haidgmat wrote:I've been reading the CR Bible by Powerscore and frankly it seems to have questions that are more complicated than the actual GMAT CR Questions. Does anyone else feel the same way?? Am I wasting my time reading this book? I got a 660 couple of weeks ago and was focusing on Verbal since I had a 33 in it but this book is taking forever to finish. I only have two and a half weeks to revise the CR, RC and Quant portions, and I work full time :(
Having two weeks is not a time to go with a completely new book. I would recommend that you only focus on your weakness. And don't loose your grip on your strength.
I had a Q:48 and V:33 so Verbal is definitely my weakness. Already through half the book...

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:630

by odannyboi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:25 pm
I dunno.. are you getting anything out of it? I am kind of improving my accuracy but not by much (I still make stupid mistakes in missing small bits of details).

Could you point out anything helpful to you from this book?

I start reading (I am pretty bad at CR... getting probably only 70% correct from a wide range of difficulty) but then I get turned off b/c it seems I already know the stuff (alot of it seems common sense... but I still get quite a few CR wrong).