Please suggest universities based on profile.

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please suggest universities based on profile.

by varghya » Tue May 10, 2011 10:28 am
Hi,

I am passively planning for a career switch. I have a graduate degree in Computer sciences which I pursued immediately after under graduate studies. Based on the information given below, what are the colleges that I can realistically get into? I am looking at schools in North America and Europe.

GMAT: 700, Quant: 49, Verbal: 36, AWA: 5
Work Exp: 3.6+ yrs in Research and development in a reputed Software consultancy company in India
Graduate Degree: Computer Sciences from a reputed University in India, 8.9 GPA (max 10) Not sure how this would affect my candidacy.
Undergraduate Degree: Electronics and Communication, 74%, converts to approx 2.5 GPA
Extra curriculars: None :(
Goals: haven't been able to decide any. current career progress is linear though I have been promoted recently.
Nationality: Indian

If there are any good universities that I can realisiticaly get into, I'd actively prepare for admissions :)

Thanks.

Legendary Member
Followed by:90 members

by Tani » Fri May 13, 2011 7:43 pm
Despite a solid GMAT score, your demographic and your GPA will cause you problems. Nevertheless, there are certainly great schools in the top 50 that would be interested in your background. You need to determine what you want to do after graduation. That will help you pick a school thatcan provide the courses and emphasis that you need.

There are many good ranking sources available for both US and European schools. USNews and BusinessWeek focus on the US, and TOPMBA.com and the London Financial Times cover European schools as well.

Schools are very concerned that their students have clear goals. They find that thinking through a career path before going to business school has a significant impact on success both in school and afterwards.

Spending time looking at the websites for schools that interest you will help you formulate your plans.

Good luck,
Tani Wolff

by varghya » Sun May 15, 2011 6:55 am
Thank You for the suggestions
Tani Wolff - Kaplan wrote:Despite a solid GMAT score, ....

Followed by:1 members

by ygm7 » Sat May 28, 2011 1:10 am
Hi,

a lot of schools are good, check out univ of maryland, Foster washingtom