Please HELP

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Please HELP

by asamanta » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:48 am
I have been doing some research on the top MBA programs and have found that all schools want different kind of essays; which means if I apply to even 5 schools I will have to write atleast 20 essays.

How does one narrow down the process ?

Also how do applicants narrow down on the programs ?

I am looking at colleges that provide an MBA specialization in the Media and Entertainment Industry.

Is there any place I could see which colleges have such a program ?

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:33 pm
Dear asamanta,

Yes, you will have to write 3-5 essays for each school you apply to making the admissions process quite time-consuming. Perhaps narrow down your target list to 3 programs? I do think you will find similarities in questions asked, so will at least have some drafts to start with for each school. However, it is important to customize your answers for each program to present yourself in the best light.

If you haven't already, you might read our sticky on school selection for tips on evaluating programs. I believe it will help you in narrowing down your school list and determine the best programs for you. If you desire to be in the media/entertainment industry, then you should definitely look at programs that are located around hubs of the industry (i.e., Los Angeles, New York, etc.). That will facilitate the job search--which is an important part of the MBA experience.

Best of luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me