Please evaluate this gal, thanks!

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Please evaluate this gal, thanks!

by Kansonne » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:50 am
Hello, Stacy, Amy—

I’d very much appreciate any feedback you can provide on my profile.

• Asian-American Female
• 5 years working experience (2 as software developer, 3 as a technical recruiter)
• Aiming for a full-time MBA program. Targeting CMU Tepper, CEIBS, BU, Fordham.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, GPA 3.0, from BU.
• GMAT: haven't taken it yet. Average on diagnotic test is 620. Doing slightly better in quant than in verbal.

Thanks!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:44 pm
Hi Kansonne,

The process is holististic and takes into account your leadership and management potential as well as personal qualities and proven academic ability. What are your goals? Have you been promoted at work? Do you have extracurricular activities? All of that information is very important.

It sounds like your school list may be reasonable, but without more complete information it's hard to say with any level of certainty.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

More info

by Kansonne » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:41 pm
Hi, Amy---

Thanks for responding. I deleted an earlier post with all the info you cited because I worried that it was too long. Here's the info:

Extracurriculars - I'm afraid I have none and realize this is a serious weakness in my application. I'm not sure how to go about this.

Promotion - Yes, I've been promoted once, into a manager role where I was responsible for staffing, training, and supervising a team for my company's offshore office.

Goals - Seeking an MBA in order switch into Operations/Supply-chain work. I think my technical background and recruiting experience would still be relevant and I like international work. More of a long-term goal would be to become a COO.

Thanks again for your feedback!

K

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:59 pm
Hi Kansonne,

That's great about your promotion. If you are aiming to apply this year, you may have some issues with the lack of extracurriculars. If you are going to apply next fall, don't delay and get involved in something outside of work immediately. The most important aspect is something you'll enjoy and take a strong leadership role in.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting