Please Evaluate - Admission for Mays Houston

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please Evaluate - Admission for Mays Houston

by zroush » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:13 am
I am going to apply to the Professional MBA program at Mays A&M in Houston. Wanted to see if anyone here had experience with this specific school/program and what you thought my chances were to get admitted.

Majored in Business Administration with a minor in Applied Economics at Austin College - small private school.

College GPA: 2.514
Major GPA: 2.84
GRE Score: 156 Verbal and 155 Quant. (311 Total)
(Have not taken the GMAT)

Work experience background:
I have 4 years of work experience, 2 in the oilfield as an Analyst/Revenue Controller and 2 as the Revenue Controller for a Waste/Trucking company. Have been fairly successful so far - been making over six figures for a couple of years and manage a team of around 10 people. Knowing that my goal is to be the CFO at my current company, the owner and CFO told me they wanted me to either get my CPA or MBA...so here I am. My company employs many Aggies(all the owners are as well) so I am thinking it would be a great fit.

I know that my College GPA may be what kills me - but I will have a couple of great recommendation letters from A&M Alumni who have a "strong relationship" with the University as a whole.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback - really trying to find a way to get into a good MBA program with my lackluster college GPA.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:750

by Junaid Saleem » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:24 am
zroush wrote:I am going to apply to the Professional MBA program at Mays A&M in Houston. Wanted to see if anyone here had experience with this specific school/program and what you thought my chances were to get admitted.

Majored in Business Administration with a minor in Applied Economics at Austin College - small private school.

College GPA: 2.514
Major GPA: 2.84
GRE Score: 156 Verbal and 155 Quant. (311 Total)
(Have not taken the GMAT)

Work experience background:
I have 4 years of work experience, 2 in the oilfield as an Analyst/Revenue Controller and 2 as the Revenue Controller for a Waste/Trucking company. Have been fairly successful so far - been making over six figures for a couple of years and manage a team of around 10 people. Knowing that my goal is to be the CFO at my current company, the owner and CFO told me they wanted me to either get my CPA or MBA...so here I am. My company employs many Aggies(all the owners are as well) so I am thinking it would be a great fit.

I know that my College GPA may be what kills me - but I will have a couple of great recommendation letters from A&M Alumni who have a "strong relationship" with the University as a whole.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback - really trying to find a way to get into a good MBA program with my lackluster college GPA.
Hi,

You carry good amount of work experience GRE score and a strong profile. You should highlight your extra curricular activities you had done, your social leadership experience and your post MBA goals in your essays which will make your application strong to impress the adcom. You can target many other B-Schools apart from Mays and work hard on your application which will increase your chances of receiving an interview call.

We have expert and experienced top B-School alumni who will be happy to take care of our applicants with their complete application process and we work very closely by evaluating the strengths and weakness of their profiles.

PM if any further assistance required.

Regards.
General Education - India's premier Application Consulting company.

Get Advice: +91- 96205 55680 |

For your chances of getting to a particular school, visit - https://www.genedmba.com/chances-bschool/?key=IRs08YFjS0

To look at some of the Testimonials for our awesome work - https://www.genedmba.com/testimonials/