People who have used MGMAT Quant books

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

People who have used MGMAT Quant books

by enjoystar » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:11 am
Hi All,

May I know how many of you have used MGMAT Quant books and think it has really benefited you in GMAT???

Because I am planning to buy MGMAT quant books
ex: Number Properties
Equations Inequalities
Geometry
PS &
FDP

Any suggestion or recommendation is welcome

Thanks and regards.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:49 pm
Haven't used them myself but I have heard good things. I'll defer to the others for more useful comments.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by enjoystar » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:01 am
beatthegmat wrote:Haven't used them myself but I have heard good things. I'll defer to the others for more useful comments.
Thanks for your comments.

Waiting for more inputs from others too.

by nislam » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:11 am
It depends what your current score in Quant is? If your already scoring in the 40+ range then the guides may not be as useful.

My case was different. Out of school for sometime and rusty in many areas so I was looking for something comphrehensive.

What is your weakness in Quant? If you're weak in DS then definitely the guides will be useful.

I'm a total fan of MGMAT. I don't think there is any other series as comprehensive as MGMAT. I bought all the guides and am now taking their course. Totally awesome.

by enjoystar » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:01 am
nislam wrote:It depends what your current score in Quant is? If your already scoring in the 40+ range then the guides may not be as useful.

My case was different. Out of school for sometime and rusty in many areas so I was looking for something comphrehensive.

What is your weakness in Quant? If you're weak in DS then definitely the guides will be useful.

I'm a total fan of MGMAT. I don't think there is any other series as comprehensive as MGMAT. I bought all the guides and am now taking their course. Totally awesome.
Hi Nislam,

I am worst in quant at this moment therefore my weakness is both PS and DS.
I started with MGMAT SC and was impressed with their contents.

However I didnt had any idea about MGMAT quant books, therefore thanks for your valuable comments.

Today I bought MGMAT Geom and Equations book only, was not able to find Number Properties in my city.

I will be happy if by studying MGMAT quant books for couple of months, my score goes above 35+. Then I will manage further to increase it above 45 by referring other books such as Kaplan 800.

One query did you studied PS from MGMAT quant book???

Thanks and regards.

by nislam » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:05 pm
You'll definitely benefit from MGMAT. Take it one step at a time. Focus on learning the content so for the initial time do PS only. Certainly do the In action problems as they are designed to increase your learning the basics. Also make sure when you do the OG problems do them in blocks and definitely timed. Keep a log. I developed a spreadsheet that I can forward if you wish. Send me a message.

Once you've mastered the content then move onto DS. I'd also stick to OG for the time being. I think it's sufficient if you're just starting.