Pain,Hardwork & 8 months-That's what went to achieve 760

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Srilankanaspirant » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:15 pm
very inspiring story. thank you for sharing with us. can you elaborate on what practice did you do for math? i find the OG questions to be too easy

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by ak2014 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:56 am
Srilankanaspirant wrote:very inspiring story. thank you for sharing with us. can you elaborate on what practice did you do for math? i find the OG questions to be too easy
OG questions are good only for verbal.for quant, only the last 50 questions each of ds and ps are good.

by TanyaK » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:14 am
Hello,
8 months is a long period for preparation, but maybe it's worth it, because you got the desired score.
My name is Tanya and I am the Project manager at GoGMAT company. We are preparing students for the GMAT.
We truly believe that you have tremendous experience in GMAT preparation. That is why we really want to invite you as a consultant in our project.
What do you think about that? Our skype is galibier2012.
Thank you in advance for your reply.

Followed by:5 members

by westcoastgmatter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:15 am
ak2014 wrote:
Srilankanaspirant wrote:very inspiring story. thank you for sharing with us. can you elaborate on what practice did you do for math? i find the OG questions to be too easy
OG questions are good only for verbal.for quant, only the last 50 questions each of ds and ps are good.
You're right. I still don't know why the GMAT has been so conservative about including high difficulty level questions on the OG so far.

Followed by:4 members

by FredT » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:22 am
westcoastgmatter wrote:
You're right. I still don't know why the GMAT has been so conservative about including high difficulty level questions on the OG so far.
Possibly because the GMAC doesn't want to reveal their best questions to the candidates and also because they want to cater to all types of students

Followed by:3 members

by SunZu » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:48 am
FredT wrote:
westcoastgmatter wrote:
Possibly because the GMAC doesn't want to reveal their best questions to the candidates and also because they want to cater to all types of students
Yes, that's exactly the reason Fred.

Followed by:1 members

by EricaR » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:56 am
What I don't understand is that why is this more in case of quant and less in case of verbal. On verbal, I have seen the questions are across the range of spectrum but on quant they are towards the lower end

Followed by:1 members

by Django » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 pm
SunZu your story is really inspirational.Congrats on achieving that score :)

by Srilankanaspirant » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:30 pm
ak2014 wrote:
So what are the other sources to practice Quant questions from ?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by abhinavarya » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:29 am
Srilankanaspirant wrote:
ak2014 wrote:
So what are the other sources to practice Quant questions from ?
PS and DS boosters from Aristotle Prep are some other good sources..They have good questions spread over a wide variety of difficulty range

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by ashok27 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:52 am
Congratulations on the amazing fete.. How many idioms questions did you see on the GMAT ?