Option to specify the source of a question

Have suggestions to improve this community?
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Option to specify the source of a question

by karmayogi » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:43 am
Can we have another tab on the forums to specify the source of a question along with Replies, Author, Views, and Last post? The idea is we should be able to avoid any question without even going through it. Why this is important? For example, I haven't taken the GMATPrep2 yet. To gauge my true ability, I would like to have all the questions in the test to be fresh. However, most of the time all tough questions have been already asked on the forums, and in test you find that you have already seen most of the questions. This spoils the whole idea behind taking the test. By having this feature one can avoid going through questions from the tests series that one is going to take.

I literally stopped participating on the forum, after I realized that I had already seen all the questions in PowerPrep1 on the forum.
Each soul is potentially divine. The goal is to manifest this divine within.
--By Swami Vivekananda

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:07 pm
Thanks for this suggestion. We've looked at an implementation like this before but have been unsuccessful in finding a solution that works well.

I'd love to hear more to get us brainstorming toward a better solution.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by karmayogi » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:20 pm
beatthegmat wrote:Thanks for this suggestion. We've looked at an implementation like this before but have been unsuccessful in finding a solution that works well.

I'd love to hear more to get us brainstorming toward a better solution.
If you don't mind, could you share what were the issues in implementing the feature? On "New Post" page, we can have this as a mandatory drop down field with “unknown” as an option. While posting a new post, poster has to select some source.
Each soul is potentially divine. The goal is to manifest this divine within.
--By Swami Vivekananda