OG problems

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

OG problems

by Shikatokika » Sun May 01, 2016 10:04 pm
I am following the study guide, and I was supposed to finish the ratio today.
I watch the videos and then solve the OG problems, whenever I watch the videos I am doing great. I pause and solve it myself and then replay and everything is perfect.
Once I turn to the OG I am in big trouble, more than half of the questions are wrong, or right by guessing
I do the error log and I found like 40% of my mistakes has to do with the strategy of solving, 20% has to do with choosing the wrong rule or concept, the rest are careless mistakes.
So what should I do?

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Fri May 06, 2016 5:59 am
Shikatokika wrote:I am following the study guide, and I was supposed to finish the ratio today.
I watch the videos and then solve the OG problems, whenever I watch the videos I am doing great. I pause and solve it myself and then replay and everything is perfect.
Once I turn to the OG I am in big trouble, more than half of the questions are wrong, or right by guessing
I do the error log and I found like 40% of my mistakes has to do with the strategy of solving, 20% has to do with choosing the wrong rule or concept, the rest are careless mistakes.
So what should I do?
Make specific notes about how you can recognize the strategy issues in play. "(If I see a variable in the answer choices, maybe I can pick a number." "If I see that the answer choices are numeric values, maybe I want to back-solve" etc.) Do a little drilling on the rules that gave you issues. Then gear up to take a practice test. Ultimately, it's not the percentage of questions you're answering correctly that's important, but cultivating strategies that will help you adjust to the nuances of the exam.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course