NYU PT Candidacy

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

NYU PT Candidacy

by taiello » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:48 am
Good Afternoon,

I am currently a 24 year old finance professional, born and raised in NY and have been wrestling with the thought of re-taking the GMAT. I have taken twice, and received 590 and 660 (I believe the breakdown was Q42,V38 but cannot be positive) respectively, and am more than likely going to go PT to NYU Langone Manhattan Program in the next 1-3 years. With a 3.37 GPA from SUNY Albany as a finance major, and currently an analyst, I am curious if I would have a legitimate shot at acceptance to the PT program or if I am doomed to denial unless I re-take.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:34 am
Hi,
Admissions for the Langone program can be a lot more forgiving about the GMAT, but 660 might be a bit low for them. My recommendation would be to take it one more time, just trying to get your quant over 70% (~48 raw score). If your verbal holds pretty much where it is now, you'll be right at 700 and help alleviate any concerns NYU will have about your quant abilities. With your undergraduate and work background, you should be able to test better.

I know it's awful to face taking it again, but it's just a few weeks of misery out of your life, and getting that number up a bit would make a BIG difference in competitiveness.

Good luck!
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me