Not the best score, but its over!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Not the best score, but its over!

by mals » Tue May 13, 2008 4:20 am
Hello folks,
I work as a researcher in biological sciences and have used this forum quite extensively when preparing for the GMAT (applying for Healthcare Management - PART TIME MBA). I spent one month preparing for it as best as I can. I work full time and overtime due to a project deadline. I could only spend 3 hours at most a day and that was also filled with fatigue.
I used the orange GMAT official guide, kaplan and manhattan sentence correction. Manhattan SC is the best, the official guide is an excellent reference and kaplan CDs do the trick. I also downloaded the paper tests from the GMAC website.
Every test I tried usually gave me a score of 690-780. Alas, on the day of the exam I only scored 660. I was not nervous at all, did not run out of time and I felt I did quite well. I still cant believe that I did not even get a 700. I considered re-taking the test, but was completely worn out from work already.
I applied with my existing score, have a masters and 4 years of work experience, published several papers and posters and did excellently on the interview. The interview is very important because you get an opportunity to display why you are unique. Mine lasted for an hour and delved into everything I have done.
I just found out that I have been accepted to the program. Its not just the score, there are several other factors too. Dont lose heart if you don not get a 700+ score. You can compensate in several other ways.
Good luck,
Mals :( :(

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by mbadrew » Tue May 13, 2008 9:13 am
Did you get into Haas at Berkeley?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by mals » Tue May 13, 2008 9:33 pm
Hello mbadrew, I got admitted to Goizueta, Emory.
mals