Need help to get at least 450 on June 27

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Hi guys,

My school requires me to get at least a 450 score to be accepted. I have one month left to get ready and still having 230 when I practice with the two tests on the GMAT.com

I want a better score than a 450 though since, I want to get a scholarship. I need a 600 score.

Please help!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Fri May 22, 2015 9:32 am
Hi didieravoaka,

With a June 27th Test Date, you have about 5 weeks to continue studying. Considering your score goals, that is NOT very much time. Is June 27th the latest that you can take the GMAT? Can you push back your Test Date? I ask because improving your scores 220+ points (or 370+ points) in 5 weeks will be very difficult.

I'd like to know a bit more about your studies so far:
1) How long have you been studying?
2) What resources have you been using?
3) When you took these 2 CATs, did you run out of time in any of the sections? Did you leave any questions unanswered?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by didieravoaka » Sat May 23, 2015 6:09 am
Hi Rich,

The latest day to get at least a 450 points is August 10. I won't be really focus after the 30th of June since I have to travel. This is why I wanted to get it done before. I can push back the test, though.

1) I have been studying for 2 weeks
2) I have been using the OG 13th ed and the Manhattan GMAT 60 days prep
3) When I took these 2 CATs, I have plenty of time in any section and especially in the math section instead of running out of time and answered every questions in any section.

didieravoaka (Marc).

by didieravoaka » Sat May 23, 2015 6:19 am
Please Rich,

Tell me also when do you think I can get at least 450 points by August 10 so that I will reschedule.

Thank you.

Marc.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member

by [email protected] » Sat May 23, 2015 9:22 am
Hi Marc,

In your last post, you stated that when you took your CATs that you had "plenty of time" in the sections. Does that mean that you finished the Quant and Verbal sections EARLY? If so, then how early (how much time did you have left on the clock)?

Since you've been studying for just 2 weeks, you're probably still working on learning the content and 'format' of the GMAT, so your progress will probably be a bit slow. Have you considered investing in a GMAT Course of some type?

Rich

by didieravoaka » Sun May 24, 2015 2:25 am
Hi Rich,

I had 30 min remaining for the quantitative and finished just on time the verbal section. I feel like I need to review the basics on Math.

I will keep up with my program and think about investing in a GMAT Course if I am still struggling.

What kind of course can I have?

Marc.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member

by [email protected] » Sun May 24, 2015 8:53 am
Hi Marc,

If you have until August 10th to take the GMAT, then you might have to consider pushing your Test Date back - even if you do have to travel later, isn't there the possibility that you could study? That extra time would give you a much greater chance to hit your goals.

With your current Test Date, you can certainly take the GMAT as planned, then take it again IF needed.

If you're not comfortable with the basic math that you'll have to do on the GMAT, then you should spend some time at Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org) - the site is free and provides plenty of practice materials to help you build up your skills.

Rich

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sun May 24, 2015 10:36 am
didieravoaka wrote: 3) When I took these 2 CATs, I have plenty of time in any section and especially in the math section instead of running out of time and answered every questions in any section.
Hey Marc,

Most people have problems completing each section within the 75-minute time frame. However, completing a section with a lot of time remaining (e.g., 5 minutes) is not good either, since you could have used that time to double-check some calculations or spend more time reading a passage.

I suggest that you use the following Milestone Charts to keep you on track:
These times are easily remembered so you can quickly jot them on your noteboard on test day.

This (and more) is covered in our free GMAT time management video at https://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gener ... es?id=1244

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

by didieravoaka » Sun May 24, 2015 2:31 pm
Hey Brent,

Thank you veery much for the Milestone Charts. As I was reviewing the 60 days program advised by the Manhattan GMAT I went through this milestone. I will try to be very familiar with it so that I can keep track of my time during the exam.

Thanks.
Marc.

by didieravoaka » Sun May 24, 2015 2:36 pm
Hey Rich,

Thank you for the website it will be very helpful. Do you have another one like this for the verbal section?

For my test date I will try to stay with it and retest in case I need to by August 10. Unfortunately, I really have to travel for family issues. Otherwise it will be worth for studying. Though, I have been working a lot to be ready by the 27th of June.

Thank you.

Marc.

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Sun May 24, 2015 4:28 pm
Marc,

Feel free to check out our Sentence Correction lesson: https://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/free-gmat-lesson/

Hope this helps!
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

by didieravoaka » Mon May 25, 2015 4:57 am
Hey Dave,

Thank you for the Sentence Correction lesson link.

Marc.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Mon May 25, 2015 6:36 am
didieravoaka wrote:
I had 30 min remaining for the quantitative and finished just on time the verbal section. I feel like I need to review the basics on Math.
If you had used all 30 of those remaining minutes minutes, I have a feeling your score would have been at least 50 points higher.
I suggest that you take another practice test soon to see where you stand.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Legendary Member

by nikhilgmat31 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:14 pm
which schools accept 450 score on GMAT.

I thought schools never accepts score below 600 or so.
Please suggest.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member

by [email protected] » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:58 pm
Hi nikhilgmat31,

Since an MBA requires a significant amount of time, money and energy on your part, you should make sure that you're choosing a Program that is truly a 'match' for your wants/needs. Selecting a School because it has a low GMAT score requirement might lead you to an MBA that does NOT match what you're looking for. It's better to define all of your goals, then research the School(s) that best match those goals (and train to earn a GMAT score that will make you a competitive applicant at those Schools).

Rich